Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Lemon (Any Yr.)

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Complaint re: MDX tranny (what else is new)

I monitor a site which shows complaints made agains certain model vehicles I own. Checked on the MDX (2003) and found the following, for what it's worth:

"CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10325899

Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Details: 2003 ACURA MDX. 105,000 MILES. IT WAS FULLY SERVICES AT SANTA MONICA ACURA UPTO 90,000 MILES. I WAS DRIVING MY IN SEATTLE, HIGHWAY I-5 NORTH BOUND. AT 60 MPH SPEED, TRASMISSION JUST STOPPED TOTALLY. VEHICLE RAN FREELY. MY 2 KIDS, WIFE WERE WITH ME. IT WAS SCARY AS HELL. I SLOWLY CHANGED LANE IN BUSY FRIDAY TRAFFIC, WAS ABLE TO GO TO SHOULDER. CALLED POLICE, THEN AAA TO TOW THE CAR TO ACURA OF BELLEVUE. THEY SAID TODAY, TRANSMISSION GONE BAD. WANTS $4000 TO FIX IT. I CALLED ACURA CORP OFFICE. THEY HAVE DENIED TO COVER ANY COST BECAUSE THIS IS OUT OF WARRANTY. 2001 & 2002 MDX HAD RECALL. WITH SAME TRANSMISSION, THIS VEHICLE SHOULD HAVE SAME PROBLEM. I CAN IMAGINE A HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE FIXING TRANSMISSION ON MDX VEHICLES; AND ACURA NOT TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY. PLEASE, SOMEONE, PLEASE TAKE NOTICE. AND FOLLOW UP ON THIS CASE. THIS IS A DEFECTIVE VEHICLE, ACURA SHOULD EXTEND TRANSMISSION WARRANTY AND COVER ALL TRANSMISSION FAILURE COSTS OF THEIR VEHICLES.

Occurrences: 1 Injuries: 0
Fail Date: 04/09/2010 Deaths: 0
Date added to datbase: 4/15/2010 "

·
Registered
779 Posts
I should have added....

The site I monitor is mycarstats.com

You can fill in your vehicle(s) and they will e-mail you when new reports are received or you can just pull up a vehicle and see what is going on with it. Kinda interesting and, again, FWIW....

·
Registered
17 Posts
2012 Hesitation

Only have about 400 miles on it so far, purchased new. I noticed that when slowing down to pull into a driveway, the RPM suddenly drops a whole bunch and I get the feeling the engine is going to stop. Of course, I over-compensate by pressing on the accelerator, then the car takes off (which it should, but big jerking motion). Very disconcerting over sudden loss of power in traffic. Going to take it to the dealer when mileage gets closer to 500 miles (advised by salesman, break in period).
Anyone else experience this? Other than that, so far love the car....

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone ever had there caliper lock up? And when u shut off ur vehicle the caliper opens back up? It's happening to me and can't figure out how to fix it! Help plz

·
Registered
1 Posts
My MDX 2005 nav screen has stopped working. It tells me to check the disc and I have done so and reloaded it to no avail.
Acura dealer is talking $500-700 to send out the unit under passenger seat to be repaired with not much of a warranty to speak of.
Anyone experienced this problem with the nav touch screen?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
My MDX 2005 nav screen has stopped working. It tells me to check the disc and I have done so and reloaded it to no avail.
Acura dealer is talking $500-700 to send out the unit under passenger seat to be repaired with not much of a warranty to speak of.
Anyone experienced this problem with the nav touch screen?
Thanks!
Many have. Do a search on how to remove, then send to Alpine in California.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have a 2004 MDX with 61K miles. Started it up, back it out, and started to take off. Then had a surge as the accelerator didn't just stick, it accelerated. Luckily I was just going down the street in my subdivision with no other cars around. I hit the brakes and it has not done this for over 2 weeks. Anyone ever have this happen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
World’s famous automaker, Ford Motor Company came with a sportier version of a hatchback in 2018. They called it Ford Focus ST. ST because it means sports technologies. Now, this version of Ford Focus is the fourth generation, with the first generation that came out in 1998 and ran successfully till 2004, and like this, the generations kept coming up till now with a name of Ford Focus ST 2018. This hatchback has nothing new in it and it has no competition in the world of compact cars, but this hatchback is known for its functionality and elite performance. Because of the few changes in some technical and mechanical features of this car, one can only wonder out of curiosity that what this Focus ST has to offer.
Specially made for petrolheads and car lovers, this hatchback has decent fuel efficiency with a speed enough to satisfy people who crave for high-level performance. With a four-cylinder turbocharged engine, one can expect what they should from Ford that is the ultimate horsepower of 252 which makes acceleration better with great speed. 270 pounds-feet of torque gives it an extraordinary amount of strengths. Highest speed experience of reaching 60 miles per hour in just 6.3 seconds is enough to make the driver go wild with enthusiasm. Ford Focus boot space is an unprecedented feature These stats are not attractive enough for the layman, but this is an ample amount of energy generating by 2018 Ford Focus ST engine that we are talking about here.
Gray painted premium aluminum rado wheel along with the Y- Rated tires of 18-inch makes the best combo to serve the great driving experience. With clear coat paint and body-colored front and rear bumper, the car is able to express its structure of the body. Black side windows trim with black front windshield trim gives it an opulent look. With the body colored door handles, power side mirrors with the convex spotter, manual folding and signal indicator makes it so easy to handle certain functions from inside a car. The car is with fixed rear window with fixed interval wiper, while the heated wiper park and defroster warm up the ice that is freeze-dried on the window in cold weather and saves the driver’s time and effort in warming up the car and windshield.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
About this Discussion
130 Replies
82 Participants
Allen6276
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing