• Lemon (Any Yr.)

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Problems?... '06....None yet

The only glitch we have is with the Sprint TREO, but that's a very minor one that deals with the Palm firmware...but we're very happy and have driven it for 3000 miles in the last three weeks !!!

:2:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Re: Just got the 06

pokguy88 said:
NAV ad DVD ! Woo Hoo !
So does that mean you don't have any problems with your MDX?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have no problems with my 2004 MDX at all, glad that I got the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is not wrong with my 06 MDX. I've had it two weeks and the list is so .... LONG!!!!

It started with the check engine light, dealer insisted it was gas cap, I knew it wasn't. Refilled as they asked and wasted a lot of time!

Next fan continued to run after car was parked, 40 degrees in South Bend - shouldn't be.

Set appointment with service, but had to wait for the weekend. They were picking it up on Monday, then....

Stability System turned on while entering my garage

First the front heating/cooling system stopped working, next day the back.

Memo seats and HomeLink stopped working.

A short time later, the car started to run really HOT, called service again! I expressed concern about someone driving the car 2 miles, let alone 90 to the dealer.

The poor driver that came for it wasn't told anything ( I had to fill him in) and I again expressed concern about him driving it.

I had to call them to get a diagnosis and according to the service department, the radiator "blew apart".

Now dealer is insisting that a new radiator will fix it. I pointed out that it was only the last thing that happened, not the cause of everything. (Also, that wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been stupid)

I have insisted on a new MDX, they are dragging their feet. If anyone has any advice let me know. I am in process of trying to get Acura corporate involved.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
BaldEagle said:
Yep something is definitely wrong with my 02 MDX.

Gas tank doesn't slosh, brakes don't click, can't feel the brake wobble, I think the stereo sounds good, mirrors don't weep, nor have I had any other problem commonly mentioned on this forum.

Good idea for the poll. Maybe my experience is not that uncommon.

:confused:
These are the same "problems" that my X has. Actually, upon occasion, I can hear the brakes click but it does not bother me as this is not something protending a failure. The only issues that I have with the X are design features.

G

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 MDX
WE HAVE HAD 3 PREVIOUS ACURA'S WITH NO PROBLEMS...THE MDX HOWEVER?
1) BRAKES CLUNK
2) BROKEN MOTOR MOUNTS AT 30,000 MILE..WE DRIVE IT EASY
3) BAD AIR PRESSURE SENSOR.
4) THE GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ALWAYS ON....
5) THE BACK SEATS RATTLE.
6) GAS MILEAGE LOW, 13 IN TOWN, 20 ON HIGHWAY.
7) FRONT SEAT ELECTRICAL PROBLEM...NO SEAT MEMORY, JAMS

DOUG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lemon 2003?

I had a 2001 MDX Touring, sold it with 107K miles on it. No issues, transmission fine, no oil leaks, nothing. Wish I never sold it. Bought a 2003 MDX Touring, 67K, issues!
1. Can't drive in town in D5, the tranny grinds. Only use D5 on highway. Below 70kph it grinds and shakes the MDX. Leave it in D4 and it's fine.
2. Oil leak just started, blobs of oil. I thought Honda/Acura didn't leak...my Jeep Grand Cherokee did this nonsense and that's why I got rid of it! I'm worried about the fix to this.

Guess I'm not impressed this 2nd time around. Suggestions on these 2 items? Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Since I don't have anything else to do at work today I might as well..
1. Gas tank slosh. It took me sometime to figure out that it was coming from the gas tank. Happens with full tank so I half-fill now.
2. Couldn't make homelink work. garrage opener fairly new. need to try few more attempts before I give up for good.
3. roofrack is not practical.
4. Ac doesn't remember last setting if I turn if off and back on. It remembers the fan speed but not the mode: face, face + leg, etc.
5. bad mpg. I have to drive like my grandma to get 17 in city. It will be interesting to see the new EPA ratings from next year.

MDX has been good so far but I have owned it for only 7 months now and 2000 miles.

Design issues (might as well rant about it):
1. Cargo area once 3rd row is up is a joke. I couldn't even fit a 40qt. igloo box. Should make the mdx a bit longer. I wouldn't buy the MDX if I have to put my kids in the 3rd row all the time, for safety reasons.
2. 2nd row doesn't fold down all the way like the 3rd row. Theres a slight slant and gap between it and the driver's row. because of the slight slope couldn't put any stuff there. Acura should look at sequoia's design for this.
3. 2nd row should be slideable to make legroom for 3rd row.
4. Allow 2WD option. If MDX has transmission issues going with AWD I can only imagine if they allow a 2WD. Acura would probably blame the drivers for their transmission problems.

Thats is for me..time to go home. ciao.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
From the post above #1 and #5 may be related. A lot of discussion here over the years on the sloshing tank. The majority of owners rarely hear it and it's a non issue.

I can only get mine to do it if I have about a 3/4 tank of fuel, turn radio off, and drive with a jerky motion. Hard on the gas pedal, hard brake, hard gas pedal, hard brake, and so on. I imagine if I drove like that all the time the gas mileage would be very poor.

It's been a few years since I've heard the tank slosh in my MDX. I normally get very good MPG, over 24-25 on highway, and at least 17 in city.

As per #3 just turn the A/C on full auto and set it at 72. It will do a great job, summer and winter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As per #3 just turn the A/C on full auto and set it at 72. It will do a great job, summer and winter
I have mine set at 68 and it has no problems remembering it but it cannot remember the mode (air flow to face, face+leg, etc). Hopefully I'll remember to bring it up the next time I visit the dealership.

I beg to differ on the sloshing gas tank. My driving style has been the same for all my cars. I've tried a few times to repeat it on a sequoia and a montero on the same route and I didn't hear any sloshing. if you do a search on "slosh gas" on edmunds forum you would see that 90% (if not more) are mdx and pilots. I strongly feel its a design flaw. I am a very cautious driver(for my age) I can hear the sloshing when I pull out of my driveway and into the street. It happens when I break, which I consider very normal breaking. I back out real slow always looking at the backup camera and looking over for neighborhood dogs/kids.

As for the mpg, no jerky driving, no first off the block at the signals. I understand that cars use up a lot of gas to set into motion. To achieve 17 in the city I have to make sure that the rpm is around 2 needle (2000 rpm) and never exceeds 2.5 as I accelerate gradually from stop. <b> [BaldEagle: do you follow the same acceleration technique ? ]</b> Needless to say I can see all cars behind me switching lanes to get ahead of me. BTW, I'll be replacing the tires soon. currently its 45k on the michelins. My route is all 25 speed limit and at times 35 with lots of traffic lights. I do 99% city driving. If I drive my normal style I get 12-14mpg. I get 28 mpg in the highway at 70mph. Also I put 89 octane. I get same mpg irrespective of the 87-93 grade.

mpg is not a big concern for me since I average less than 10 miles a day. I can always ride to work if weather permits. But it bothers me that I didn't get the sticker mpg with the mdx whereas I've got better than sticker mpgs with my other cars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
SRS light came on. Initially the dealer said there was a short in the wiring somewhere. After some more digging, they found no shorts and determined it was the SRS unit itself that was defective.

Final cost to get the SRS unit diagnosed and replaced, $780. Labor is $105/hr at Acura Bellevue. 2 hours for diagnosis.

Hmmm, I wonder if the extended warranty might have been a good deal after all...

Now my fan makes noise, so I assume they put the dash/etc back together wrong. I'm taking it in again to have them look at that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a full transmission replacement on my '02 model. One of my friends told me Acura put out a recall (???) for earlier MDX models because of premature transmission failure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
so after 1 week

went to dmv after the plates finally came in...

failed d/t a bad engine mount!

back to the dealer for replacement now & signed up on this forum today to learn more future problems of this vehicle

edit: had front and side mounts replaced still under warranty...44k on the odometer

scratches head on how these would go bad soo early in it's life????????????????????????

was a $460 repair, thank goodness she still has a warranty

i'm gonna recommend an extended warranty for this vehicle from the other acura forum

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/f8/2005-mdx-accessory-pricing-extended-warranty-80505/

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I bought my X first thing in 2001 and it is still going strong at nearly 64,000 miles. Only 2 problems:
1) I just discovered the rear A/C blower doesn't work--and fixed it!!--thanks to this great site.
2) I still can't see the green in 'Granite Green'.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts
About this Discussion
130 Replies
82 Participants
Allen6276
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing