Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Lemon (Any Yr.)

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
-My 2001 developed a clunking noise in the front.
-Also suspension rattle front left.
-Moonroof visor makes creaking noise in the winter.
-Engine Groans, esp. at 2000rpm.
-Gas tank slosh, but only really notice when I sit in the second row seat which is never.\
-Rattle/creaking noise from passenger side second row seat. Sounds like it could be leather rubbing against eachother but it also could be a faint but distinct rattle.

I had Acura replace the front 2 struts because they were leaking. That seems to have taken care of the clunking noise. Time will tell if it really did.

Moonroof visor hasn't been touched. It's the summer so it's behaving.

Engine groan still there. Unrelated to this, I had the tranny recall done and had the jet kit installed.

Gas tank slosh...ah well...barely notice it but it's there.

Rattle in second row...that's harder to find than trying to find a calculus problem.

I think the only thing that bothers me is the rattle. I hate interior rattles/creaks...and Acura seems to excel in that department.

But honestly my MDX isn't so bad, just that 1 creak so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coolant and air vent probs 2004 MDX

Problems with our new (<400 miles) 2004 MDX:

No coolant in reservoir only one week from the lot.

No airflow from the right side passenger dash vent.

Added to the knowledgebase today.

And I think I've heard THE THUD several times on braking.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Re: Coolant and air vent probs 2004 MDX

Argyll said:
Problems with our new (<400 miles) 2004 MDX:

No airflow from the right side passenger dash vent.
Argyll-

Same vent problem here. Luckily it took them about 3 days to get it and 5 mins. to replace. But I find it interesting that it was the same vent for you. I smell a pattern.

George

·
Registered
715 Posts
one4gatr said:
Who has taken delivery of an '05 already???
Right. And "gas slosh?" would not be my very first question. Sorry.:D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: question

matttttttt said:
Anyone has any problems with 2005?
Yes, I don't have one :2:

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I have a 05. No reported issues from me ! I'm extremely picky too ....Every time I get in it I find improvements. I just learned that the XM satelite radio IS indeed integrated with the Navi ! NO more 3000 rpm shift point as the 03 did.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Problems

This is the first vehicle I've owned that I have nothing serious to complain about. I owe much to this forum because I spent so much time coming over your comments that purchasing the MDX was a given! Intelligent, honest, open, funny… and so are all of you! Thanks as bunch to the group. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yap,

I have a very big problem having this 2005 MDX, before my wife love to drive her Accord now she wants to drive this MDX most of the time and wants me to drive her Accord, I think this is creating a problem to who will drive this Very Good SUV and now creating a domino effect with our relayionship that she wants to be the permanent driver of my MDX. So do you guys think its a good idea for me to give it up that easy. Just asking for an honest advise.

Kastilyo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yap,

I have a very big problem having this 2005 MDX, before my wife love to drive her Accord now she wants to drive this MDX most of the time and wants me to drive her Accord, I think this is creating a problem to who will drive this Very Good SUV and now creating a domino effect with our relayionship that she wants to be the permanent driver of my MDX. So do you guys think its a good idea for me to give it up that easy. Just asking for an honest advise.

Kastilyo:3:

·
Registered
249 Posts
:29: no problamas with the '05 other than the NBP gets dirty 5 mins after I wash it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
kastilyo said:
Yap,

Kastilyo:3:
Yes. Just give the MDX to her. The wife must always drive the newer/good car. Make sure you are number 2 on the seat memory - not number 1. You can have it back in 2 or 3 years when she doesn't like this MDX any more. :D

·
Registered
497 Posts

Well.. it's been awhile since I visited the org.

Just took my 01 in for 52.5K service.

See my other post of today for leaking problem that started three days ago - otherwise all is well with the MDX.

keep on truckin
MB-

81 - 100 of 131 Posts
About this Discussion
130 Replies
82 Participants
Allen6276
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing