• four or more - I'm a road hazard

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what the driving records of fellow MDX'ers are. Do we generally contibute to the higher cost of insurance, or are we actually suffering from "other drivers" poor experience.

31 years of driving with no accidents yet:2: :2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
You need to add on your poll who caused the accident. Big difference whether you are the cause of the accident or just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yea, where do mine go?

- uninsured drunk driver on a suspended license who ran the red light = collision ($9k damage to my car)? :30:

and, 2 months after THAT was repaired....

- uninsured dope who rear ended me, because he was surprised I stopped @ the stopsign at the bottom of the offramp ($4k)? :twak:

Arrgh. Both 5-6 yrs ago and it still pisses me off :3:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
TheWorm said:
Yea, where do mine go?

- uninsured drunk driver on a suspended license who ran the red light = collision ($9k damage to my car)? :30:

and, 2 months after THAT was repaired....

- uninsured dope who rear ended me, because he was surprised I stopped @ the stopsign at the bottom of the offramp ($4k)? :twak:

Arrgh. Both 5-6 yrs ago and it still pisses me off :3:
Worm,

Ouch and Ouch! I share your anger... One thing though... Did you keep a straight face when the person said "he was surprised I stopped @ the stop sign at the bottom of the offramp "? He actually said that???

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
mdxxxx said:

Worm,

Ouch and Ouch! I share your anger... One thing though... Did you keep a straight face when the person said "he was surprised I stopped @ the stop sign at the bottom of the offramp "? He actually said that???
Yea, he did. He said he thought I was just gonna coast through and turn right. Might've been possible if not for all those pesky cars already in that lane, and the stop sign!

I did keep a straight face, and immediately knew I was about to be filing another uninsured motorist claim when he did the "let's not go through insurance, I'll take care of it, I have a friend with a body shop" routine. Exact words, verbatim, as the drunk uninsured sans-license red-light-blower.

I think that's the universal "red flag" :)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Not fair, some of us have many more years of opportunities to find accidents. I have had 2.

1. In 1972 driver in the other car ran a red light and broadsided my 71 Plymouth Satellite.

2. My 1965 VW Bug was rear ended by a drunk driver in 1966.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
1 at 17 when I was cited for not yielding the right away. My dad loved that on his insurance.
I had 3 other friends in the car who backed my story the guy did not have his lights on. No excuse, of course. And no way to prove it.
Another when I was ..uh, much older. Lady backed into my rear quarter panel.
I took her insurance company's advice and they sent me to the worst body shop on earth. I think they did some research to find this place.
I learned a lot about wet sanding paint.
Car was a family hauler anyway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wrecks,Tickets and rocknroll!!

Knock on wood! NO tickets for four years.Unfortunetley about one wreck a year!None my fault.The last one happened in May when an 18 wheeler needed both turn lanes to make a left turn,running over the front of my new Caravan.I travel for a living so drive about 35,000 a year.I probably should do a definsive driving course.
Tom

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Wrecks,Tickets and rocknroll!!

tommyleon said:
I probably should do a definsive driving course.
Or get a bigger car :)

I'll confess to 1 speeding ticket ~15 yrs ago. 80-ish on the freeway. Went to traffic school for that one; no points, no fine, no insurance increase.

BaldEagle - thanks for posting yours...I feel better now that I have company!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
clean record here.

Knock on PLOOD!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Over what time period?

Over the past year? Over the past 5 years? Over our career (~ 30 years)?

PS: Shouldn't this be in the Polls Forum??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TRIED TO KEEP IT SIMPLE

Sorry, but given the variability of responses (at fault vs not at fault, years of driving experience, type of accident, details etc etc etc) I decided to use the KISS principle.

This way, respondents could explain their own circumstances. Otherwise, the poll would have a degree of complexity that most forum readers wouldn't want to invest time in, from my perspective.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
338 Posts
A woman going on my right (little ahead of me) saw a Taco Bell on the left side of the road (4 lane road, 2 lanes each way, 10 foot wide divider in between). The woman got hungry, saw an opening in the divider, and just went for it at 30mph - no indicator, eyes wide shut. Within 0.5 seconds, she was there, 10 feet ahead of me. I was doing 30 in a 35 mph zone. Slammed the brakes, skidded, slammed her door in. My benz just shrugged it off - couple of scratches, broken front passenger side indicator COVER (the light was still working!!). Impact must have been at maybe 15mph or 20. her driver side door (Honda accord) was bent out of shape. Fortunately no injuries. Guess what? She was uninsured. Cop came, gave her a couple of big tickets, I let it go since there wasn't much damage, the police report clearly said it was her fault (which it was). Thank goodness I was in a solid benz, not a honda or a toyota!!

So much for hungry women going after Taco Bell right in the middle of the road!! and her reactions? I am sorry, I didn't see you, I was hungry!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Clean here folks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Well if we are talking current DMV Wrap sheet...Then am clean. If we are talking about it ten years ago...Let see:

1)Got pulled over for going 160MPH on my motorcycle on the way to LAS VEGAS. Didn't know I was being followed until I decided to look back. Let say....the bike was not street legal and I had to take a little ride to the Las Vegas downtown station.

2)Got pulled over for running not just one but TWO red lights because I was late for work. (DUMBASS!!)

3)Rear ended some poor guy sitting at a stop light because I was too busy messing with my radio on the way home from work...(DOUBLEDUMBASS)

4)Popping a wheelie on my motorcycle infront of a police office....(DOH!) Just say that I never that bike again..

GOD!! Thinking back...My younger years...is a complete WRECK when it comes to driving..(No pun intended)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
2 Speeding tickets and both in Moorestown, NJ :rolleyes:

One in 1986 for 35 in a 25 zone. (19 years old)
One in 1990 for 47 in a 40 zone. (23 years old)

Clean record as an "adult".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts