Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that everyone else but Florididiots can shop around for the best price on an Acura Care extended warranty? Somehow we voted in a bunch of schmucks that allowed such a breach of the free market? Should we change the name of the state from Florida to Russia? WTF?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yes, I found this out when I was trying to buy Honda Care for my Odyssey. You can only buy from the dealer and have to pay full retail.

I did sign up for it at delivery but ended up canceling my Honda Care and getting a pro-rated refund.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's a big steaming pile of horse crap isn't it? I think I'll write my congressman about that and find out why they aren't looking out for us.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Acura Care will only kick-in after the basic 4/50,000 mile and the 6/70,000 power-train. You might not get the full value of Acura Care if you have anything but an Advance model because of the magnetic struts/shocks.

Do you have to purchase from the local dealership only OR can you purchase on-line from Miami if you live in Tallahassee? Some states do and others don't have sales tax on internet purchases (might save you +$200 on price).

I was just in Jacksonville, FL last week on vacation, do local Acura dealerships support Acura Care warranty claims from out-of-state vehicles? It might be worth a call to Acura warranty claims to get full details. Plus, if you call Acura warranty they can let you know the exact time when your 4/50,000 mile basic warranty will expire on your MDX. That will let you know how much time you have to get Acura Care.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yup, steamin' pile for sure.

I believe you can only buy from the dealer but I'm not 100% sure on that. I do know you cannot buy online.

I'm pretty sure any Acura dealer anywhere will honor Acura Care warranty work, it's just the policies to buy them which is restrictive.

Hope you enjoyed Jacksonville while you were here :29:.

Oh and for Acura Care, yes it kicks in after certain mileage but you automatically begin losing pro-rated refunds once the grace period expires to cancel for a full refund (think it's 60 or 90 days). The reason is you get road size assistance with Acura Care so since you had that feature activated you lose money based on the time passed.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I heard that everyone else but Florididiots can shop around for the best price on an Acura Care extended warranty? Somehow we voted in a bunch of schmucks that allowed such a breach of the free market? Should we change the name of the state from Florida to Russia? WTF?? :confused:
Originally it was supposed to "save" Floridians from price gouging. Seems that it's had the opposite effect.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally it was supposed to "save" Floridians from price gouging. Seems that it's had the opposite effect.....
Indeed. Isn't there a dealer I can buy acuracare from? I did it last time when I bought my 2002 new and got the hard sell bull**** from my local dealer at the time. He said if I drove away the deal on the table was gone....which was almost twice the price I eventually got it for from the guy that was selling it here back then. Nice guy but I forgot his name or I would call him again.

My car still qualifies for the best deal because despite being a 2012 it only has 5500 miles!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
If it was on this site, it was probably me :D , but I think I started selling the AcuraCare policies in 2004. Can't recall.

In Florida, I don't know of any options :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts