Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this topic off of the Acura TL forum -- thought it was a funny debate. Most people are stuck between the following 3

Pontiac Aztec
Isuzu Vehicross
Chevy Avalanche

Feel free to add your own -- I included an image of each.

uggliest

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Aztek, Aztek & Aztek ...

... are the three ugliest "things" on the planet! At least Volkswagon called their old ugly car rightly The Thing, but Aztek!

Hey davegood, I also saw this over in TL where it is actually a sticky poll. Does this mean you own/considering a TL also?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No to the TL

I really like the TL, and think it is an awesom value for the money, but I was just checking out some of the other forums. Upon doing so, I really think that we have one of the best forums -- a bunch of the other ones kinda get really stupid fast -- Acura TL Off Topic - What is the best time to have sex?

While it is important to have an off topic area -- I really could care less when anyone here has sex.

In any case, I looked at the TL in 2000, but ended up going with an Audi A6, because I love that quattro in the snow.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The Aztek really is an abomination, IMnsHO. I actually like the Isuzu -- I wouldn't buy it for me, but at least it's a bold statement and visually looks well-integrated and put together. The Aztek looks like an experiment from the spare parts bin (or junkyard) gone awry.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to agree

I forgot to actual state my winner. I really feel that the Aztec has to win the 'What the hell were they thinking award?' or "who would buy that?'

I remember watching the first season of Survivor -- I remember that that guy Richard won one of those for winning the series. The best part was watching him act excited about winning it. I wonder if he actually drove it all the way home, or just sold it to a dealer on route?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although

I also have to give an honorable mention for what the hell were they thinking to the Lincoln Blackwood -- not that it is a fugly car, but how many people want an ultra luxurious pickup truck where you can't even remove the pickup lid?

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Aztec

Hey, I almost bought an Aztec. It was a toss up for me between the Aztec and the MDX. The Aztec almost got the win because the built in Ice Box and of course how beautiful the car is. Especially in Yellow! The only reasons I didn't go with the Aztec are: 1- Too Luxiourios
2- Too Sporty
3- Too Expensive
4- Demand is Too high. The wait is like 6 months +
5- Too Fast, I might get a ticket
6- Too many people would stop me and ask questions
because they were envious.
7- Pontiac prizes quality Too much for my tastes....

I went ahead and bought my second choice the MDX.. Darn it, I knew I should have picked the Aztec...No weeping mirrors on it. Does it have mirrors or does it have those video monitor displays. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not even for free

Pontiac couldn't pay me enough to drive an Aztec. Maybe Pontiac should not have gone with a blind focus group when giving the Aztec the thumbs up.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
never say that

Don't ever say that Pontiac couldn't 'pay you enough to drive it'

Although I would sooner be seen dead than in one of those hideous things, I am quite sure the General Motors posseses the wherewithall to pay me enough to drive it (after all, you know that Tiger doesn't actually drive a buick when he's not in an ad for one, they just pay him enough to drive one occasionally).

So, never say never.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Aztec hands down, but then the MB ML and the BMW X5 are not really great looking either. For that matter the MDX is a bit boring looking. That was my biggest gripe for the MDX. I am still not excited by it visually.

Chris

·
Registered
925 Posts
Aztec is definatley the fugliest! I actually like the looks of the Vehicross (not that I'd ever buy one mind you).

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe, but

I'll give you that the MB may look a little like a minvan, however, I don't think it can even be brought up in this forum (not even in the same ugly league as the others mentioned in this thread.

I personally think that the X5 is very cool looking, especially with the 4.4 big wheels on it. It's just too small and a too pricey for what you get. Either way, although subjective, I would hope that you agree that whatever you don't like about the X5's looks, it can't compare with an Aztec.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree, the Aztek and Vehicross look awful! In fact, the yellow-colored Vehicross kinda looks like those old bulky Sony "Sports" walkmans!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Although Aztek wins, you don't see too many of them on the road to get annoyed at least.

I think Lincoln Navigator, although looks nice from the front, its back end is really ugly because the rear window and the tail-lights are out of proportion in both size and shape. They look like an afterthought.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Could someone please post the URL for the TL forum?

I didn't know one existed. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
1 - 20 of 239 Posts
About this Discussion
238 Replies
96 Participants
BlueStreak
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing