Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have my X for about a month now, and yesterday a colleague of mine came up with an interesting observation. He was driving behind my X and he said that he could see all of the stuff underneath the car (things like the springs, the differential etc.).

Yesterday when I returned from work (I take the other car) and opened up my garage door to see the X from behind, I observed the same thing...everything was wide in the open, and I actually thought that maybe Acura forgot to put the cover on the back side of my X. Even the spare tire is totally exposed. And then there is this thin strip of metal (black in color) that is standing out from the middle of the differential, which could easily break/bend if you hit a rock......so much for taking the X off-road !!

Is this normal ? I would think it is, but dont you think that given some degree of off-raod capability of the X, Acura could have covered up at least some part of the X's underside (atleast the donut, since it could get so dirty being directly exposed to the road and the muck thats comes with it !).

Do I need to go to the dealer and complain about this ? Does everyone else here have the same 'look and feel' under the X ? All feedback is appreciated !

Thanks,
Kamal

PS the under side of the X looks realllly clean right now, probably coz its too new......

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
What you see is normal. By the way, the thin strip of metal (black in color) that is standing out from the middle of the differential, which could easily break/bend if you hit a rock......so much for taking the X off-road !!, is the jack point for the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info hammermdx !

I must say that the thin strip looks awfully weak to support a 4000lb + vehicle !

I wonder if maybe in the long term there will be a problem with keeping all these components (sure they are pieces of hard metal) exposed to the elements....I guess the MDX has never been around for such a long time.....

Thanks again !

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Why all other SUV's of course:1: Sorry I couldn't resist;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) :p :D :2:

Yeah Baby ! MDX Kicks A$$.....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Kamasyal,
The best way to hide/cover a little bit of the behind and under of the X is to install a towing package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts