From discount tire

4 Michelin defender LTX 255/50R19 for $952

$70 rebate
$80 warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Does that price include delivery + mounting/balancing? If so, it's an excellent price.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who is the warranty through?

I bought this tires and the warranty from discount tire Direct.

I paid $960 after the $70 rebate and free shipping to my address. Does not include mounting and balance. Just the tires and the warranty. I will have to spend around $100 for mounting/balance and another $100 for wheel balance.

Does Honda dealer do tires mounting and wheel balance if you bring your own tires?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

I paid $1037 (minus $70 rebate) and free shipping to my address.
So that price is NOT mounted/balanced.

Make sure you check the date codes on each tire to ensure you're getting good, new stock.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Does Honda dealer do tires mounting and wheel balance if you bring your own tires?
Almost all dealers install tires... Whether they'll mount tires you brought is up to the individual dealer -- but I think most will. Many people run winter/seasonal tires so most dealers are willing to swap rubber they didn't source.

Of course I'm sure there is a dealer out there who doesn't.

Also consider finding a reputable tire shop, in your area. They're probably less expensive than a dealer for this sort of thing.

·
Registered
869 Posts

I paid $960 after the $70 rebate and free shipping to my address. Does not include mounting and balance. Just the tires and the warranty. I will have to spend around $100 for mounting/balance and another $100 for wheel balance.
How many times do the wheels need to be balanced?

See if there is a brick-and-mortar Discount Tire or America's Tire near you ( same chain ).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm looking into some new tires myself and was wondering what's the difference between Defender LTX, Premier LTX.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm looking into some new tires myself and was wondering what's the difference between Defender LTX, Premier LTX.
Defender LTX gives longer tread wear and better snow traction.

Premier LTX rides nicer and has better dry and wet traction.

Both are excellent tires.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many times do the wheels need to be balanced?

See if there is a brick-and-mortar Discount Tire or America's Tire near you ( same chain ).

Option 1: There is a discount tire that is an hour away and $20 per tire for mounting/balance and they don’t do wheel balance.

Option 2: There a tire barn that is 10 minutes away and $25 per tire for mounting/balance and they do wheel alignment for $80.

Option 3: Honda dealer is 15 minutes away and wants $110 for 4 tire mounting/ balance and $120 for wheel alignment.

I mean to say wheel alignment not wheel balance

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
My Discount Tires can do road force balance along with of doing a regular balance if the shop has the equipment in your area. Discount Tires also includes rotation, re-balance, PSI checks for the life of tires. That saves me a lot when the M.I.D. rotation/balance service is due and I can do this for free at Discount Tires. I also did the lifetime alignment at Firestone and I always do an alignment with new tires, any suspension work, or once a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts