Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Wheels newer than 2013 have larger positive offset. This implies that the track, distance between wheels, will be shorter by 2cm front and rear. Not desirable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wheels newer than 2013 have larger positive offset. This implies that the track, distance between wheels, will be shorter by 2cm front and rear. Not desirable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Well for winter wheels some say it is more desirable, then you throw less, salt, slush, sand, stones, onto your paint and keep that retained within the wheel wells.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The rims from all MDXes will fit the 2010 MDX except the ones from 2014, 2015, and 2016.
When you look for snow tires remember that a tire which is more narrow travels thru the snow better than a tire with a wide foot print.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You have to also consider why you need winter tires. May be you live in a place where it snows all the time and you are driving in snow mostly in winter. Then the narrow tire advice applies.

However if you are driving in the city where the snow gets plowed quickly and effectively, your best choice is the factory standard winter tire as winter tires perform best under +7 C because of the compound used in them, so the braking distance is shorter in wet and icy conditions. They also usually have deeper grooves to improve water and sleet handling and decrease hydroplanning.

I just installed my winter Acura OEM equipment 255/55/18 Michelins Latitude X-ICE XI2 set again and this is the second season I'm enjoying them. They are super quiet and the ride is much smoother on our horrible Toronto pot hole ridden roads. They are even better than the Acura OEM equipment all season Michelin Latitude Tour HP 255/55/18.

·
Registered
132 Posts
To summarize...
  • 2001-2006: 5 x 114.3
  • 2007-2013: 5 x 120
  • 2014-2016: 5 x 114.3
  • 2017 -2020: 5 x 120

Using Acura logic, it looks like the new 2021 design will be 5 x 114.3 ... ha... (pick one already Acura!) ?

Reactions: AcuraAddicted
1 - 10 of 10 Posts