Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to change the oil this weekend & need to pickup some crush washers for a 2015 MDX.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Just buy some at the dealership - they're not expensive and you'll know you're getting the correct ones. Actually, I bought the filters at the Acura dealership and just told them I want the crush washers with them as well. The filters are a little more expensive at the dealership but not enough to be worth worrying about.

Note - I created a thread on this forum for a self done oil change on my 2014 MDX.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I changed the oil & filter on sunday. I will say, the oil filter placement makes quite the mess. I don't know why the engineers put that filter on an angle & over the lower control arm. It guaranties oil will spill all over. I used a Fram extra guard filter & Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah one of my biggest complaints with Honda vehicles. They always just stick the filter in the same damn place no matter what engine they put in (realistically, they're derivatives of the same engine, so it makes sense). Then we end up wasting plastic bags to avoid the mess or just take the mess and wipe up the control arm every damn time, wasting towels in the process. Better yet, when you have a shop do it, they usually don't even clean it up (which is why I just do it myself)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts