• I didn't tint windows

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what % Tint people used on their front windows.

I recently changed to 15% HP Suntek on front windows and 20% HP SunTek on all rear windows and very happy!

2002 Black with Ebony Interior Acura MDX Touring with Navagation, Wood Wheel, Wood Shift Knob, Wood Meter Panel, Side Steps, Tailgate, Lower Trim, Body Side Moulding, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Clifford Solaris Alarm System with Auto Start, Piaa Ion Yellow 2500K Fogs, Piaa Super Plasma 5000K High Beams, HID 6000k Low Beams, Zaino Polish, Valentine One Radar Protection, 35% HP Solarguard Tinted Front Windows, Acura All-Season Floor Mats, 7 Year/100,000 Mile Acura Care Extended Warranty, Cargo Tray, & Net.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Non of the above! I got 28%. He said it would match the stock
tint. (I don't think it's as dark, but much better looking than no tint!)
(He = Bob from RM Window tint & Clear Bra's)

·
Registered
77 Posts
factory has 20%

if you look carefully at the factory tint, it has a #20 on it. a guy at the tint shop told me that it means it has 20%. therefore, i will go with 20%.

also, bear in mind that aftermarket tint will never fully match factory tint because the front side windows already have a bit of tint (likely 5%). so going with 20% will probably yield 15%. likewise, going with 35% will yield 30%. so although 20% will not match precisely, it is the closests you can get.

i have a black on black so i'd be interested in seeing how others with the same color look with 20% versus 35%.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20% darker than factory

I found the 20% actually a little darker than the factory. It could be like your said the 20 is actually 15. I went with the 35% solarguard with slight mirror finish. I saw a couple of 20% and felt it looked a little darker. I was trying to match or a little lighter. Especially with the new york police who love to give tickets for tint. I'll try to post some pics to show you the 35% solarguard tint. The 35% appears lighter also because the light comming in the front windshield makes it appear lighter. If you can post some pic's of your 20%, I would be curious to see.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some quick pic's I took

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Attachments

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hope these different pic's could show you how the 35% solarguard tint looks. I think the 20% would look good, but it may appear at times to be darker than the factory tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks for the pics

hey paul,

your x is lookin great! i appreciate the pics...

·
Registered
77 Posts
agreed

i agree that the 20% will look a little darker than factory.
i also think the 35% looks slightly lighter than factory.
nonetheless, either way, it will look a lot better than no tint, esp. with black.
i guess if the interior is black, 35% will work b/c less light is reflected from inside. if the interior is tan, i would go with 20%.

·
Registered
595 Posts
HI..

ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S THE LAW ABOUT TINTING IN CA?..

I WANT TO TINT ALL OF THE WINDOWS..

BUT AFFAIRD TO GET PULLED OVER BY COPS..

PLEASE TELL ME.. THANKS!

:D

TYP

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's exactly my thoughts

That is what my tinter sugguested. If I had a lighter interior, I would of gone the 20%. With 35% you cannot even see in at night. I think it would look silly with darker front windows than the back ones. IMHO

typ in New York State 35% is legal for the front windows and you can go as dark as you want on the back doors and rear windshield. I would check with your local police department to be sure. I know on the highways, the police will "X" your interior window if it is to dark and you will have to replace it. When I say "X" they use a soft knife as to not scratch the glass but sharp enough to cut the tint if it is to dark.:mad:

·
Registered
77 Posts
ouch

ny is pretty rough.
i'll post my 20% after i get it done this weekend.
if it looks too dark, i can always peel off and go with 35%.
too bad they don't have anything in between, like 25 or 30.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I loved the pics with the 35% on the ebony on ebony.

I'm getting the SS so I'm wondering if the same principle of a dark interior reflecting less light will work here. Maybe I should go with the 35% in,light of the above and also NY law.

Any pics w/ 20%??

1 - 20 of 94 Posts