Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe it’s the boy in me, but I love modifying Honda/Acura’s. Got this MDX about 6 months ago & so far, I’ve installed the following:
-roof rack Crossbars
-sidesteps
-full size spare
-pioneer in dash DVD player with rear back up camera
-plasti dip front & rear bumper trim
-adv/sport rear sway bar

Future plans might include:
-lowering springs with camber kit

Attachments

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Excellent taste in SUVs! The MDX drives smaller and handles better almost anything else its size for the money.

I also like to mod my vehicles. I've done 20" rims, brake rotors, side steps, body side molding, roof rack, clear bra, hitch+harness, and back up sensors. Interior with racing pedals, 3 rows of all weather mats, cargo mat, cargo cover, cargo net, and wood shift knob.

I now have +140,000 miles and she is just on work commute and weekend errand duties now. No more cross country coast-to-coast trips for her.

More details on Mods: Hers

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im still waiting on someone else to spray one. Ive got the element as a spare, just dont like having to use it lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmm, ripped out intake silencer, LED Fogs/DRL/reverse/parking, K&N, Tint, cross drilled rotors, blue led interior, Acura logo puddle lights, hardwired dashcam, armrest USB power outlets, Maxliner mats, cargo area mat, Alpine amp+ JL sub, Claymore mine hitch cover ;) Think that's it...

·
Registered
668 Posts
2007 with 110,000 miles
LED interior stadium lights
Wooden steering wheel & shifter
Three rows of WeatherTech floor liners
OEM hitch, Full size spare, Black Chrome 17" rims
Cryo slotted rotors, Stop Tech pads, SS brake hoses
Under hood LEDs, LED (2 ea 18 Watt) back up lights
K & N air filter, OEM door edge guards, Rock deflector
Sound deadening doors, floor, console, inner wheel liners, hatch, rear panels, and above drive shaft
Blind spot camera display in rear view mirror operated by old "Comfort" switch, Tinted fish eye mirrors

My favorites are the steering wheel, the blind spot camera, and the back up lights.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Cant remember where I saw this but I believe someone installed Odyssey springs and it looked neat.
Yeah, it's on Acurazine, I believe.

I’m waiting for you AcuraAddicted..... I know you some mods on your MDX!
Why yes, I do! But I wouldn't say there are a lot. First of all, I do not consider accessories as mods, so those don't count for me. But I have the roof rails, had cross bars (removed as never used them), had side steps (removed as never used them), have nose face mask, wood trim steering wheel and gear shifter knob.

What I got so far:

Chinese market OEM bigger mirrors with folding actuators (they eliminate blind spots entirely). Need to install a custom Russian module to enable power folding on locking and unfolding on unlocking.

LED fogs and DRLs.

LED door sill plates.

LED second row lights under driver and front passenger seats.

Plasti dip front grille, front and rear bumpers (removed at the last paint correction recently as it started peeling after 6 years), OEM 18" wheels too (start to peel after 5 years as well, I'll need to repeat).

GROM Apple car play adaptor - roughly installed to work, but since it's not really plug and play, wires are hanging, need to finish installation.

A custom module that converts imerial system on the dashboard screen to metric in real time (mileage, gas consumption, tire pressure, temperature). Made in Russia.

A custom module that connects to the navigation drive under the driver seat that draws real time dynamic accurate parking lines on the rear camera view screen when backing up that is overlayed with the image based on the angle of the steering wheel turn. Made in Russia.

Front and rear DVRs.

Here are my plans for the future:

1) Add a full size spare (already have the OEM 18" wheel, need to clean it up and polish it and add tire).
2) Headlight reflectors replacement for custom ones, also adding halo lights.
3) A subtle LED strip under the front grille.
4) Possibly replacing headliner with a black one from the rare interior MDX.
5) Possibly RV6 J-pipe, although I'm a bit worried about the missing third CAT in that case.

But honestly, I got more important pressing things to do this year: TB, engine mounts, etc.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I did so many things in past that I cant remember all LOL. Long tube CAI will be my next project when the time will come...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm curious, where do you guys find the wood steering wheel and shift knob along with "racing" pedals? Also, I assume "long tube CAI" would be custom? I couldn't find one for the life of me and just cut the factory setup (sounds great when the Vtec kicks in)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm curious, where do you guys find the wood steering wheel and shift knob along with "racing" pedals?
Pedal covers - Aliexpress and such.

Wood steering wheel and shift know - only eBay (they are not produced anymore and they are back order everywhere). I was lucky to get a new set on eBay for a reasonable amount (USD $320).

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I did the wooden shift knob at time of purchased of my 11 MDX used back in 2014. I did my racing pedals from Ultimate Pedals:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, thanks. Assume the LED sill plates are from Aliexpress as well? (Looking at them there now) The chrome is oxidized badly on mine.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Also, I assume "long tube CAI" would be custom? I couldn't find one for the life of me and just cut the factory setup (sounds great when the Vtec kicks in)
Yes, from 3.5" aluminum tubing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
5) Possibly RV6 J-pipe, although I'm a bit worried about the missing third CAT in that case.
I think you can still keep your cat if you don't use their cat delete pipe.

My Mods:
  • Bluetooth A2DP module plugged into RCA jacks
  • Turn Signal Flasher Mod for LED Turn Signal Bulbs
Replacements
  • LEDs
    • Front: Fog lights, High Beams, DRL, Turn Signal, Parking, and Side Marker
    • Interior: Map, Vanity, Foot-well, Door puddles, Rear Dome, Cargo, Hatch
    • Rear: Backup, License Plate, Turn Signal, and Side Marker
  • 2010 folding rear all weather cargo mat
  • Maxliner all weather mats
  • Max Advanced Brakes Elite XDS slotted and dimpled rotors with Akebono pads
  • Pirelli Scorpio Verde