Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been really rainly and humid here (eastern Ontario) for the past couple of weeks, so I am planning to give the X a good wash and polish this weekend (Z7, Z2, and Z6 off-course).
:cool:
I realized that my Manik chrome steps and the Acura emblems have many water stains and fine scratches, so I will also be polishing them up as well.
The question is - what metal polish should I use? I learned from the Zaino website that both Z2 & Z12 (glass polish) CAN BE applied on metal surface, but how do they compare with off-the-shelf metal polish products like Mother’s or Turtle Wax.

What is your experience with metal polish? Should I use Z2 on my Manik’s or buy a small jar of metal polish from Mother’s?
:confused:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I've been using Z2 on the Maniks. They are already about as shiny as they will get. The Z2 should help protect them.
Maybe some polish they use for marine equipment if it's for stainless. Lots of marine equipment is brass. Any boaters out there with good ideas for protection?
I've been using the Vinylex on the step pads, how about you?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dale.
I have never used any metal polish before, never cleaned the Maniks before other than washing with water and soap. Since I have a bottle of Z2 handy, I'll give it a try this weekend (long weekend here in Canada and warm/sunny weather forecast all the way ... yeeha). Did you let the Z2 hazed/dried and then wiped it off?

As for the step pads, I will be using Amourall vinyl cleaner/protecter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts