Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a car for my wife (baby on the way) and we're narrowed down to three:

Acura MDX Touring w/Nav
Audi A6 3.0 Avant
BMW 525iT

All the comments I have read on the Audi and BMW boards about the MDX have been REALLY favorable, so that's why it's the ONLY SUV in the bunch. I am trying to price out the MDX online as much as possible, so all I'm left with is carsdirect.com, which usually gives an accurate estimate of what a good dealer will do. For example, it reflects the factory incentives Audi is offering allowing me to get the A6 Avant for nearly $3000 BELOW invoice. The MDX, however, prices out over 40k, with the MSRP at 39k and change, and the invoice at 35k and change - is there ANY dealers that will take $1500 over invoice on this or is it too popular and hence has a 'premium' attached to it??

I'm in Southern California, if that helps at all...

·
Registered
130 Posts
My MDX Touring priced out about $1500 more than sticker on carsdirect but all the dealers I went to in my area (Northern NJ) gave it to me for sticker. I had to wait 3 months for the car though.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sticker price + no processing fee + 300 accessories discount + free wheel lock & Body Side Molding.........

Not the BEST, but good enough. :D

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
schvetkaaks said:
I'm shopping for a car for my wife (baby on the way) and we're narrowed down to three:

Acura MDX Touring w/Nav
Audi A6 3.0 Avant
BMW 525iT

All the comments I have read on the Audi and BMW boards about the MDX have been REALLY favorable, so that's why it's the ONLY SUV in the bunch. I am trying to price out the MDX online as much as possible, so all I'm left with is carsdirect.com, which usually gives an accurate estimate of what a good dealer will do. For example, it reflects the factory incentives Audi is offering allowing me to get the A6 Avant for nearly $3000 BELOW invoice. The MDX, however, prices out over 40k, with the MSRP at 39k and change, and the invoice at 35k and change - is there ANY dealers that will take $1500 over invoice on this or is it too popular and hence has a 'premium' attached to it??

I'm in Southern California, if that helps at all...
Pricing hasn't come out for the 2003 yet. Dealer tend to quote $1000-$2000 over msrp. You should be able to get for MSRP in your state. The MDX is an awesome unique vehicle. For the family it will be much better than the Audi and the BMW. For you as a driver the other two may appear to be better. You will have to make the decision as far as family first or your personal driving experience. The SUV is totally different than the 4-door sedan. As far as the SUV, the MDX offers the most for the price. I, we have all compared the Mercedes, BMW X-5, Lexus 470, and the domestic SUV's and the MDX is always at the top as you can read in this forum. I'm sure you can also find someone in california than can refer you to a dealer that will sell at MSRP once the prices are out. They should be released by Sept. 30, 2002. Think about the 4-door sedan vs the SUV and if you decide SUV, I strongly recommend the MDX. Edmunds.com is an excellent place to get all the information on all vehicles. Good Luck.
Paul

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The previous thread below has information on prices that some members recently paid for their MDXs. Although this rthread is almost 3 months old, the pricing on MDXs has not really changed, especially in California. With 2003s coming out soon (probably late October) you should expect to pay MSRP for 2002 MDX, with some freebie accessories thrown in by the dealer (if you are able to negotiate those).

There may be some other threads discussing this topic, so you may want to do a search to find additional information.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6168

·
Registered
78 Posts
My best deal was...

I have a 2003 Touring Navi on order, due in two weeks. Got it for $1000 off MSRP, with black Acura side steps and the seperation net thrown in.

Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
What about processing fees, etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
1000 off

Steve,
Wow, I feel I am doing bad at MSRP with shift knob and roof rack (thrown in) on my base that just came in today. What dealer did you use in DFW?

Jim in Tulsa

·
Registered
210 Posts
Baranco in ATL still says 1500 off but have to pay 395 processing. Anyone actually done this there?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
NSXBill said:
Baranco in ATL still says 1500 off but have to pay 395 processing. Anyone actually done this there?
Xcel has but I don't believe he's picked up his vehicle yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello NSXBILL
Go over to my post "Baranco Acura buyers" and read the results. BDMDX just recently pick his mdx up ,but hasn't had time to post.;)

jjtoma

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sticker price on a loaded MDX is what I got, with a substantial amount off list prices on all extras. This is the best I've heard about in the Chicago area. We waited about 30 days for our '03, ordered early November. Good luck. My gut feeling is that if you wait a few months, there will be better deals. We just couldn't wait.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Jjtoma, tell them what you picked up your X for ;) Although it was a bit of a hassle, it sure was a “Best in Class” deal by my reads!

___I am still waiting :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok XCEL
My 2003 Touring cost was $36,395.00. Go to my post you'll understand how we got that price (Baranco Acura buyers):cool:

Best of Luck to everyone

PS still looking for a good hot dog down here:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchase Price

Just finished placing an order in for my 03 MDX Touring/DVD, Black/Ebony w/Side Steps. Had researched it in my metro area and most dealers at sticker price and/or $1000 above it. Finally settled down on a dealer-- MSRP w/Cargo Netw/Cargo tray. Side step additional at $550 installed. Early March delivery :p

Anyone else in the NY/Metro area?

·
Registered
8 Posts
LuvmyMDX

I just placed an order too. Got one with Touring and Nav. Paid $250 over sticker for it with no extras. My dealer said that the Navs were hard to get. Don't know how true that is. Should be expecting it to come in tomorrow. I ordered mine at Paragon. Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
MDX @ Paragon

No ****! :eek: I too got mine at Paragon, and you said you getting yours tomorrow? I am due for an early March delivery. Supposedly black/black touring/dvd is a hot request. I am surprised they didnt throw in extras, all I said that a competiting dealer was doing so and they matched it.

Let me know how your delivery goes. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I got lucky. Just so happened that a SBP was coming in. Have the VIN and everything. I just hope that no one snatches it with a higher price. My dealer told me that anything with NAV is tough to get, but I dunno about that. He said he would sell anything without NAV for MSRP. Now I'm not sure if he was BSing me or not. No matter; I'm okay with the deal, because I don't have to wait.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts