Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on what this silver plate on the bottom of the bumper. What is it called, mine currently sit crooked and hoping to know if i can fix it. I did a quick look and dont know if its bent or is there a bolt connecting to it that i need to tighten up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
That is the infamous "Lower bumper Garnish" it came in both front and rear flavors...
The are now infamous since Acura had to recall them because the factory that made them used a special tint to paint them that had some sort of toxic material (Could be lead?, I sincerely cannot recall) anyways its now impossible to buy them new and are becoming a special RARE item to own.

As for how it connects to the bumper I do not know, Hope you can fix it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the infamous "Lower bumper Garnish" it came in both front and rear flavors...
The are now infamous since Acura had to recall them because the factory that made them used a special tint to paint them that had some sort of toxic material (Could be lead?, I sincerely cannot recall) anyways its now impossible to buy them new and are becoming a special RARE item to own

As for how it connects to the bumper I do not know, Hope you can fix it!

Interesting no wonder i couldnt find any part similar to it, i just recently purchased the car which happened to be the 07 20th anniversary edition. I just want to make the piece mounted straight again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts