Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was loading golf clubs into the trunk area and this part fell out onto the ground when closing the hatch. Looked around the hatch/trunk area but am not seeing where this came off of. Looks like a trim cap of some sort, it's clean so must be from the interior, trunk area. Thoughts?

Footwear Plant Rim Circle Font
Auto part Circle Electric blue Composite material Carbon

·
Registered
208 Posts
Look up in wheel well. Hard to see. You have one on each side and very common for them to fall out. I put mine back with rtv…no problems since.

74514-STX-A00

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. Yes it is the correct part. I looked at the exploded part diagram in searching out the part #, but I can't figure out where that is inside the rear wheel well. I also crawled under the car and looked up into the wheel well area, cannot for the life of me see what that diagram is depicting and where that cap goes.

Any further help would be most welcome! :):)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lower your spare tire and look up in the spare well. There are access holes there that are plugged up with these. I used one of these access holes to run trailer wires when I added my trailer hitch. This would make sense if the part fell on the ground close to the center area of the car vs the corner of the car.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lowering the spare does not help. The opening is not in the spare well. You have to reach up and feel it.

This video shows the openings from the inside although you replace plugs from the outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts