Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firestone told me they will do straight front to back for $20.

Firestone will do the first pattern from the left

Which is the recommended pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I always make sure to have each tire touch all four corners during the tire treadlife. I rotate and balance every oil change with Discount Tires since it it easier to keep it straight in my head that way (also use a smartphone app call RoadTrip to document with 3 vehicles). I switch between front-to-back, then left-to-right, and repeat every 9000-9500 mile oil change interval.

This only works with non-directional tires like the Conti DWS 06. Directional tires are usually front to back only. Sometimes tech get confused if you tell them cross-rotation. Front/back or side-to-side seems to confuse them less.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is pretty good link regarding tire rotation. That said, last time I switched the 2 fronts & then switched both sides front & back (not exactly what’s here).

To be totally honest, over 35+ years of long term ownership of only a handful of cars, I rarely rotated but found wear to generally be even if I kept the tires properly inflated & didn’t grind the outer front tire edges off with too aggressive of driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,993 Posts
Have been doing front to back and cross (from back) to the front.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Some tires are directional so beware of cross rotations!

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech
80 Posts
I do front to rear and vice versa. Over 30 years on lots of cars and pick ups. No trouble and it helps the tires wear evenly. Every oil change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts