Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Part name - Cover, Front Bulkhead #74117-TZ5-A01
I don't think you'll need to whole kit described above.

It's $46,17 from oemacuraparts.com, but shipping may be too costly (large size) depending on your location, better check with your dealer. Some idiot at your dealer removed it(needs to be removed to service many areas) while servicing, forgot to put it back on. You'll also need 10 pcs of fasteners (called "striker, engine cover - 91547-TZ5-A02 $0.37/ea).

Insist them to pay for the missing parts, no way it's your fault. Bare minimum, they should give you at their cost, but I would raise hell if they ask you to pay for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, everyone!
Also a funnel shape air induction is missing (see the attached image).

The service adviser told me they are not important and I can live without them. Is this air induction important?

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Thank you, everyone!
Also a funnel shape air induction is missing (see the attached image).

The service adviser told me they are not important and I can live without them. Is this air induction important?
It's kind of the difference between cooler ambient outside air vs hot engine bay air moving into your engine. I suppose you could be warmed up faster this way lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Discovered by the dealer in the most recent service. All our services were done in Acura dealers and the three most recent ones were done in this particular dealer. So I am pretty sure they forgot to put them back either in the most recent service or the previous service. They do multi-point inspection on every service and would have found this issue earlier if it happened earlier. We never open the hood between the most recent two services and did not found out this issue by ourselves.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Then you have sufficient evidence to claim. Have you called acura client relations yet? Stress the point that this dealer has been the only party servicing your vehicle!

But just to make a point, i have pictures of my car from every single service before handover and after pickup while at the dealership from 2010. This practice takes a while, and the dealer staff tend to laugh at me doing this, but i have had bigger laughs when i catch them damaging my car and force them to repair my car. Have also gotten one service advisor fired...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Then you have sufficient evidence to claim. Have you called acura client relations yet? Stress the point that this dealer has been the only party servicing your vehicle!

But just to make a point, i have pictures of my car from every single service before handover and after pickup while at the dealership from 2010. This practice takes a while, and the dealer staff tend to laugh at me doing this, but i have had bigger laughs when i catch them damaging my car and force them to repair my car. Have also gotten one service advisor fired...

Totally agree with you, whenever the valet drive my car up, I always walk around before hub into the cabin, and for one time, I did spot a inch size scratch in the rear bumper, they end up send it in to the body shop and fix.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great idea . . . but I never ever go to dealer for anything in this sin city since buying MDX used, which was out of warranty period. There are two Acura dealers here, they seem to be owned by the same person(I doubt it, but they price everything exactly the same). Next closest Acura dealer is 200 miles away in CA, same with any other brand car dealers.

They even mark-up any parts about 20% above Acura's list price.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That's ridiculous. If it wasn't important Acura wouldn't have spent the money to develop them and provide them there.

Important point - don't assume a service adviser knows anything about the vehicle or auto mechanics. They often don't. Their job is to just write up work orders and contact customers when the job is done - something anyone can do with little training. Some SAs are knowledgeable but many are not.

In your case it's fairly clear they forgot to reinstall it - i.e. the mechanic was incompetent like the SA. Insist on them replacing it. Escalate up Acura client relations if necessary but I'd go up the local chain first and speak with the manager of the service department (not the SA) and the dealership manager/owner if that doesn't work.

You should find a different Acura dealership to do any work - this one has competency problems.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Did the dealer (or anyone) recently replace the battery? The parts you're missing have to come off to access the 12 volt battery. I don't know why else they'd be missing, unless there was a front end accident and improper repair.

Also, the dealer/service advisor is frigging daft to suggest that you don't need these parts (the snorkel especially).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts