Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 MDX last month and am still on version 1.00.2325

I know there are more updated versions, when I called tech support, they told me software updates don't exist, they are only for navigation.
This would not make sense, otherwise why would they state your current software and map version under settings>Information.

Can someone let me know the latest version so I can let me dealer know and get it updated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
TSB 15-001 (this will bring you to 3.00.2304) AND 15-036 (this will bring you to 3.00.2304, but make sure they use TSB version 3, as this gives you the 2017 map update as well) are your only updates now, but you won't necessarily get them without first presenting problems described in the TSBs (it depends on the dealer, some just will do it for you). Keep in mind though that you will need to pay the labor hours if you are out of warranty and while the TSB claims it's 0.3 hrs, the dealer may likely try to charge you at half hour increments.

That being said, someone did get the navi maps updates from HERE and it did also upgrade their software version at the same time, but 2014s are unlikely to have many more updates at this point. So, don't expect it to speed up much outside of TSB 15-001 and 15-036.

·
Registered
131 Posts
TSB 15-001 (this will bring you to 3.00.2304) AND 15-036 (this will bring you to 3.00.2304, but make sure they use TSB version 3, as this gives you the 2017 map update as well) are your only updates now, but you won't necessarily get them without first presenting problems described in the TSBs (it depends on the dealer, some just will do it for you). Keep in mind though that you will need to pay the labor hours if you are out of warranty and while the TSB claims it's 0.3 hrs, the dealer may likely try to charge you at half hour increments.

That being said, someone did get the navi maps updates from HERE and it did also upgrade their software version at the same time, but 2014s are unlikely to have many more updates at this point. So, don't expect it to speed up much outside of TSB 15-001 and 15-036.

As u stated above if I get the dealer to update both tsb on my 2014 tech...will they also update navigation or the maps??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
As u stated above if I get the dealer to update both tsb on my 2014 tech...will they also update navigation or the maps??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they follow tsb 15-034 to the letter, yes. You should always check though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
If they follow tsb 15-034 to the letter, yes. You should always check though.

Can you share the link for the TSB?

My 2016 MDX Software Version: 1.01.2501 and Database Version: ST003.02.00X

i notice my system is slow and not responsive, and sometimes it's freezing and black screen.
Do you think dealer will either update the Software or both?

·
Registered
713 Posts
we have a 2014 tech. I didn't write the numbers down but if I get a chance I will take a photo and post. We applied the 2017 map update, and the dealer went thru TSB's and software looking for updates. They found a power steering update and one other, don't recall what it was. I compared the numbers to TSB's listed here and the versions on my 2014 tech are way beyond the TSB's commonly shown on this forum when software questions are asked. We have 2 issues that this software has not resolved (1) Traffic is unusable because the lines are almost non-existant (2) Sometimes when we start the car when we are away from home, we can be 40 miles away but the NAV will come up on our home location and pretend we are driving away from home for the first 10 minutes or so. Wednesday for example we left work in downtown Sacramento and the NAV showed us as leaving home some 20 miles away. I restarted the car because sometimes that helps when it happens but it still was wrong. About 10 minutes later it flashed and was in the right place. There were no errors in the NAV records. The dealer says there is nothing listed to fix this and frankly I don't want the dash torn apart to replace the head unit on the maybe that might fix it. I hate to say it but Acura quality isn't like it was years ago. Our inner fender liner fell down, dealer said that it was probably prior owner damage so I had to pay to have it replaced even though the car is still under warranty. The new one fell down a day later. The dealer replaced it again and the new one was tighter. My dent repair guy said he sees them all the time like this. We had to massage the fender bead in a little to get it to stay because the second new one was starting to come out. My dent guy thinks they shrink from the heat which is the same conclusion I came to. A friend's Highlander has similar liners but they have venting to allow fresh air in from the front and hot air out.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Hmm the wandering gps issue came up on a number of 2017s as well. I wonder if we have a software issue in the latter of the 3.xxxx softwares and onward..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just leave my car @ dealer to install the new software and Nav. And hopefully i don't get into this problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Got my vehicle back from the dealer and the software version is 2.01.2503 previously on 1.01.2501. Am i on the latest version on 2016 Model? According the "sgkent" I believed he got the latest software version on his vehicle. Am i missing something here? should i call the dealer and ask?

While my car in the shop they replaced the Air Compressor due to the grinding/ticking noise when AC is "ON".

Can anyone check yours and see if my radiator missing a bolt or something to hold the radiator in place? Mine is moving back and forth and around. (see pics)
Please can someone check and see if it normal? can i use a zip tight to secure it?

BTW: After Nav Software Updates, my "Traffic" icon is missing from the map. I believed Traffic Subscription end in 3 years right?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Latest is a loaded question... depends when your 2016 was built to be honest. 2503 I know is not the latest for late build 2016s, as another owner who used the Brown 2017 navi update disc was updated to something later than that. I'm also on 2503, but due to TSB 16-048 for the blanking of the top screen during reverse. I'll see if I can find the thread with the other version number.

As for your radiator, didn't drive the MDX today, so I'll try to remember to check when I get home. But from experience, those locations do not usually have bolts. They are merely to keep the radiator in a general position since the radiator moves.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks Neoshi, please check and report back.

·
Registered
869 Posts
As for your radiator, didn't drive the MDX today, so I'll try to remember to check when I get home. But from experience, those locations do not usually have bolts. They are merely to keep the radiator in a general position since the radiator moves.
Correct. Around those "pins" on the radiator are rubber isolators to prevent transferring vibration from the cooling fans to the vehicle body. It's perfectly normal and it's that way for a reason. Don't mess with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I can confirm that updating the maps will also update the system software version. I just purchased the 2018 maps from HERE and the software was updated to 3 from 2. Seems to respond a little quicker since the update and I get less hanging. I had a really, really bad experience with version 2, with version 3, it's just bad. haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts