Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question from a new MDX owner.

There are two circular openings with covers in the rear hatch area just forward of the small garment hangers. The plastic covers have two pieces.

What are these for?

I've searched the owners manual and can't find anything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think you are alluding to the holes for the cargo cover to be placed into if the third row seat is in use. Are there similar size holes just behind the second row seat?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not those. The holes are higher, right at the edge of the headliner. I'll go take a pic.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Those are for the separation net. Top part hangs from there -- insert into the aft, slide to the fore to lock into place. You can check the instructions @ Tim's site for pics if you're so inclined :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the pic

Thanks, I'll look at Tim's site. I thought it might be for some accessory, but I haven't looked at the seperation net yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Good questions W--should help out other new owners, and I don't think we've discussed it here before...
Rob :31:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Here's the pic

I was wondering about this one for a while... I saw it there... I thought "what could that possibly be"... I know what the anchors and stuff are for on the floor and things like that... this is the one thing that had me stumped... thanks for the info...

--Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
Robyjo said:
Good questions W--should help out other new owners, and I don't think we've discussed it here before...
Rob :31:
Actually I came across a post talking it a few days ago. Although the post may be old, I am not sure as I don't remember where I saw it now.

I was also puzzled by it cos I didn't find it anywhere in manual.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What is this?

Anyone know what this is? There is some sort of port/opening in the headliner in the rear of my '01 MDX. It is located near the clothes hanger hooks on each side. It appears to be some sort of hole covered with a double plastic door. See pictures. I could not find it in the manual and did not know what to search for on this web site. Any clues? I am curious.

Attachments

·
3,109 Posts
The rod of the separation net goes there.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
yup

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was told that they are hangers for the separation net(sold separately). Is anyone else annoyed that there are no hangers to hang clothes from in the cargo area??:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
my 2003 mdx has hangers in the cargo area.

Why in the world would they change it for the 04?? Using the seperation net holes to try and hang a cloths hanger from is just about impossible. Ideas??

·
Registered
6 Posts
No Hangers!!!

Im forced to use the handles on the ceiling of the cabin to hang my dry cleaning. They should at least make some sort of accessory to attach to that thing so that it can function like a hook for clothes. :1:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, those are for the seperation net. I have an '04 with the seperation net... it hooks in perfectly. I also have the cargo liner and I have to give Acura credit...the coverage and fit are excellent and make for worry-free trips when traveling with pets (besides the wet-nose smudges on the windows). :rolleyes:

I have also wondered why there is nothing to hang clothes from though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts