Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard 03 might have quartz interior. Does anyone know of any pictures of Acura quartz so I can get an idea of what it looks like. The gray on the Pilot looks pretty industrial - I hope that is not it.....and I wonder what exterior this will be available with? I am hoping HB and SS will be among the quartz combinations.

My only dislike with the MDX is the colors - interior and exterior. I am not sure this will be much better in 03. HB or SS with quartz and/or the Midnight Blue with Saddle would be good for me and the wife. We will see if I get lucky.

Some options would be nice...i.e. I will take the XXX with the YYY interior, but that is not Acura's way.:D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Dealers know this...

Every dealer I've talked to in the Chicago area (and I've been to all NINE of 'em) has salepeople who KNOW that BMW has a much more flexible set of interior/exterior colors...

I think that is why the FACTORY is adding quartz, but it is (as of now) anybody's guess as to which "pairs" are buildable.

Personally I think any of the interiors are neutral enough to work with any of the exteriors. The quartz/grey is probably being added to give the folks in the south/sunbelt a better alternative to Tan...

Anybody remember when you could get half a dozen leather colors in Chrylsers & Cadilliacs? Olive green, claret, chinese red, white, medium brown, burgundy....

With the info from jamiestockman (on Edmunds) I would look to him (or other honest delaer personel) to have good data in the next few days/weeks.

Here are some links to quartz interior Acura:

http://public.fotki.com/dustbuster4/1997_acura_30cl/p4020015.html

http://www.acura.com/assets/acura/interiorpic/rl/interiorpic_rl_2002_quartzleather_qz.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quartz Leather..

If Acura is consistant in anything, it's offering fixed color combinations for its vehicles. I wouldn't expect to have a choice of interiors with any given exterior (except Nighthawk Black).

If you want a better idea of what Quartz looks like stop in to an Acura dealer to look at the RL, which has Quartz available with the Indigo Blue or Quantum Grey exterior colors. I think it's my favorite interior!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts