Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have one with my '19. Apparently, I had bad luck during the first month as the side cargo window was broken, in attempt to 'see' what was in the area. The auto class repair guy recommended not having one and keeping the area empty showing there is nothing to steal, so now, my cargo cover is half retracted to show nothing is there.
Interesting, never considered the possibility it could be a target for thieves looking to see what's under it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was pondering getting the cargo cover, for those who have it wondering what your opinion on it is, if you like it and if you had to do it again would you still purchase?

For me it is a must have. They are cheaply made an I have had to replace and reinforce the end tabs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our first Honda Pilot has a cover that would cover the entire cargo area OR if you were using the third row, it would move to behind the third row and extend a little less than 12 inches. That was flexible. The new one is not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was pondering getting the cargo cover, for those who have it wondering what your opinion on it is, if you like it and if you had to do it again would you still purchase?

I bought the cover with my MDX in 2019 as part of my negotiations with the dealer. It is a must as far as I am concerned. It is there when you need to keep "prying eyes" out of your cargo area, and it easily rolls back when it is not needed. It can be removed easily if you need to utilize your third row seating. I would recommend purchasing it for your MDX - you will not regret it!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Its a nice back up to have but it limits trunk space. Also it is awkward to have when grocery shopping. Especially at costco. It gets in the way for us. But when we dont have many things in the trunk, its nice to have.

I got tiniting on my mdx 2020 on top of factory tinting. Soo you can barely see through the back anyway.

In my opinion, if someones wants to break your car, they will with or without it.
Maybe invest in a cover and a 24/7 dash cam for front rear and cabin, if you do, hook it up to an external battery!!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Interesting, never considered the possibility it could be a target for thieves looking to see what's under it.

Exactly. That was my thinking when he told me. Also, it was around the Christmas holidays, and he mentioned that contributed to the rash of break ins.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not interested in getting one. I just keep a large towel in the back in case I need to cover something.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts