Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was pondering getting the cargo cover, for those who have it wondering what your opinion on it is, if you like it and if you had to do it again would you still purchase?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
If your refering to the sliding cover for the "trunk" It's a must for us. The reason is that with the cover in place someone can't see what is in the back. I like the OEM unit, easy to install, easy to remove if your using the 3rd row seating.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, I'm referring to the roll out that extends to cover the cargo area and hide things underneath from view. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have an 19 MDX with captain chairs and love the cargo cover. Don't need the 3rd much and it is very easy to remove if I need the space for larger items. Nice to hide stuff in the rear under the cover if your are shopping or traveling.

·
Registered
516 Posts
For the price if I had not gottenmit for free I would not spend the money Acura asks for it. The window tint is sufficient to hide most things. IMHO

·
Registered
95 Posts
The things I always have in my car (tire pump & jump starter) I keep under the cargo floor, out of view. I never leave my valuables in the car so I don't worry.
For the most part mine is either empty back there or completely full of camping gear where the cover wouldn't fit. I used them on my previous cars but I don't miss that feature enough to install one.
If I ever change my mind I'll go with OEM for the quality and fit.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I haven't see a good use of cargo cover since I have the MDX. Normally I am doing direct point A to B (when I have trunk loaded), which cargo cover provides minimal benefit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I ma not sure if I got one. If I did I would have tossed it.

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
36 Posts
This is the first SUV I've had without one...and I don't miss it at all like I thought I would. I had one in my Lexus RX and Toyota Highlander previously...used it 100% of the time not for security but because I'm anal and it is the "cleanest" in appearance. However, I do not miss the constant rolling up and down every time groceries need to go in the back or the dog needs to be brought somewhere. The Lexus would auto-retract when the liftgate was opened which was a nice touch, but for my purposes more hassle than what it was worth.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably just wait until I feel like I wish I had one before buying rather than not using it or having it get in the way.

Any complaints about it rattling / being loose? Thought I read before some people thought it rattled when driving.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's useful... if you need it. I do because of what I carry back there. But a car this expensive should INCLUDE this item, and they should design an underfloor storage for it as well. I also don't like that you have to press in BOTH sides to remove. Last car I had (Toyota Highlander), cover came standard, could stow under the floor when not needed, and one only needed to press towards one side to remove it. That's Acura for you. Like a Tech package of over $50k not including fog lights. Really, Acura??

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's useful... if you need it. I do because of what I carry back there. But a car this expensive should INCLUDE this item, and they should design an underfloor storage for it as well. I also don't like that you have to press in BOTH sides to remove. Last car I had (Toyota Highlander), cover came standard, could stow under the floor when not needed, and one only needed to press towards one side to remove it. That's Acura for you. Like a Tech package of over $50k not including fog lights. Really, Acura??
on our 2019 to remove the cover I only need to push in on one side to take it out completely. I agree it should have been std, at least on the tech and advance packages. And the underfloor storage area should have a key lock as well.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Was pondering getting the cargo cover, for those who have it wondering what your opinion on it is, if you like it and if you had to do it again would you still purchase?

When we travel,I use a blanket to cover the back.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have never used them. When they came with the vehicle, I would just store them in the garage. As mentioned above, the tinting does a good job of blocking the view into the cargo area.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have a Cargo cover (Acura brand) and it's great for privacy but only issue is when I roll down the back windows there is a lot of flapping noise. Haven't tried to figure out how to get it from stopping yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
We always had them in our 3 previous SUVs. It’s ok to use until you want to use the third seat then it’s in the road. I don’t have one for our MDX and don’t miss it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I keep my car in a parking lot with a lot of break-ins and the occasional car theft. The only thing that I keep in the car that is not in the rear storage, console, or glove box is a picnic blanket, and even that is shoved down behind the second row seat and very difficult to see with the extra tint in the back. If I wanted to keep more in the MDX I would certainly buy the cargo cover to keep it out of sight; surveillance video shows thieves shining flashlights into the cars looking for things to steal, then breaking the closest glass to reach in and steal it. Personally even with the cover I would be very reluctant to leave things in the back - one of these crooks could just be curious, break in, and cause a lot of damage. One car was broken into and a bag of dirty laundry was stolen - they don't know until after they cause the damage. The heavy tint prevents people walking by seeing the interior, and the rest will do what they do.

·
Registered
10,543 Posts

I have one with my '19. Apparently, I had bad luck during the first month as the side cargo window was broken, in attempt to 'see' what was in the area. The auto class repair guy recommended not having one and keeping the area empty showing there is nothing to steal, so now, my cargo cover is half retracted to show nothing is there.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I have the Acura brand cover and works well with our 2nd row Captain Chairs. This the second MDX in which we have the cover. Only time I need to remove it is when we need the third row seating (once in a blue moon).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts