Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about LOJACK? Does anyone have this installed on their X? or considering getting it installed?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Friend of mine had Lojack on their Pathfinder. When the car was located, it was already stripped.

Don't know if it is worth it in nyc. If the guy is an experienced thief, nothing works.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Have it in MDX. Had it for 5+ years in the previous car. Thankfully never needed to find out if it really works. Pretty much pays for itself through insurance discounts. Plus, gives a peace of mind.

About a week ago or so I posted a Heads UP thread regarding new product offered by LoJack - an early warning system. Do a search, that thread has links, or just go to LoJack web site and read up on it.

Nothing is a 100% guaranteed. But for something which gives you a peace of mind and eventually costs nothing - why not?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I read about it, sounded neat. Although, when car alarms first started getting popular, the "lux" model would page oyu if the alarm went off. Welp, this guy's pager went off, caught the guy breaking into his car, who subsequently pistol whipped and robbed him...

Just food for thought in case someone get's the "early" warning system... Although reporting it stolen sooner, rather than later increases your chances of getting the car back in one piece...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Stolen cars

If an experienced car thief steals your car, you won't be getting it back. If an inexperienced car thief steals your car, you probably won't want it back.
Lojack won't change either of those two scenarios, unfortunately.

Last time I saw the stolen-cars "All Star" list the MDX was nowhere to be found. It's just not that desirable a car to boost.

The cheapest, best way to stop 90% of car thieves is a hidden "battery cut-off switch." No power...no go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
hidden battery cut-off switch

Do you have an on line link or vendor?. How much to install? Where to have this installed?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Any place that installs car alarms/radios can install a hidden kill switch.

Even then, if they want it, good ole' tow truck will get it, etc....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just thought I'd add an update to the "LoJack and Insurance" archives.

Called Geico, and they said discounts for LoJack and other alarms/ theft deterrants are state-determined.

I live in CT and since the X comes with a keyless entry system standard (defined as an "alarm" by the insurance company), the alarm discount is already included.

There is no additional discount for lojack or any other theft system.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
vip9 said:
Have it in MDX. Had it for 5+ years in the previous car. Thankfully never needed to find out if it really works. Pretty much pays for itself through insurance discounts. Plus, gives a peace of mind.

About a week ago or so I posted a Heads UP thread regarding new product offered by LoJack - an early warning system. Do a search, that thread has links, or just go to LoJack web site and read up on it.

Nothing is a 100% guaranteed. But for something which gives you a peace of mind and eventually costs nothing - why not?
I'll agree, it does pay for itself on saved insurance. . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts