Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
Washed and detailed two cars (MDX and TL), killed too many cicadas past week.

Reactions: kruegs and mrgold35

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed the cargo cover removed from my traded-in 2014 MDX into my new-ish 2018 MDX.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
Drove to the body shop and paid for the rear bumper. Hopefully it should be in this week or next and I can have a non-destroyed rear bumper.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
More like what did I do with my MDX over the weekend 😅

Fam came down to Miami to visit and a family friend from San Diego also came. Pops wanted to use the MDX so we took it probably one of the most sketchiest parts of Miami (next to the Miami International Airport) while they brought the deathbox too. Had free parking cuz the hotel made us wait for a nice long painful 2 hours to get a room after checking in and paying the total bill. Since it didn't rain, we also ran her through the wash.

I also had to call a tow truck unfortunately due to some inconsiderate literally parked on a crosswalk and blocked my driver's door. Dude didn't want to move it after politely asking him for a nice 30 minutes.

In al this mess, I also got my map updates, cuz Acura and its stealerships are being a bunch of butthurts to warranty the dang HU from Nov 2020 @ 45k miles.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
Today, I just started my drive home and decided its perfect to update the navi. I also was passed by a YD4 ASPEC in the ASPEC Blue.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
How long did it take to get your update navi disk? I ordered one for my 11 MDX +3 weeks ago and it hasn't arrived.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
How long did it take to get your update navi disk? I ordered one for my 11 MDX +3 weeks ago and it hasn't arrived.
I'm guessing 3 to 4 days, but it's definitly less than a week.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
402 Posts
Got 50% ceramic tint on front windows, washed and waxed before the long drive. I am really concerned about all the midwestern bugs I will be killing when driving west on I80 :)

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
Stopped by my Honda dealer this morning. Their new car lot is literally half empty, the Civic Type R limited Edition jumped by like $20k in price, and had my driver's side wiper blade insert replaced, since the passenger side is an Acura exclusive part only.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Stopped by my Honda dealer this morning. Their new car lot is literally half empty, the Civic Type R limited Edition jumped by like $20k in price, and had my driver's side wiper blade insert replaced, since the passenger side is an Acura exclusive part only.

I swapped my blades out a few weeks ago too. I bought 2 of the driver's side inserts from Honda and cut the extra length off with scissors to match the length of the passenger side wiper, works perfectly. Not worth driving 2 hours to Acura for a $5 wiper

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Got my MDX all cleaned up inside and out and packed for the first road-trip of the year (about 12hrs one-way). The wife and I are heading down to San Antonio for about 10 days to visit the daughter in the Army. Wanted to take our RLX hybrid; but, we are going off road to hit some local lakes in the area for a few days.

·
Super Moderator
1,990 Posts
Just got back from 2126 road trip (Northern Virginia to Orlando). Hybrid didn't help much while down in Orlando due to the driving distance?? (Lots of 2 miles one way drive between hotel and venue).

Also started hearing weird quick buzzing noise (1 second) when soft accelerating during the trip (at random speed). Took it to the dealer tonight. Dealer was able to replicated the noise, but is having hard time to pin point the cause. Leave the car with them tonight. They are planning to phone Acura engineer tomorrow.

Fuel Average
NoVA - Johnson City, TN26.46
Johnson CIty, TN -> Orlando, FL26.06
Orlando, FL19.97
Orlando, FL -> Florence, SC24.28
Florence, SC -> NoVA28.01

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
Just got back from 2126 road trip (Northern Virginia to Orlando). Hybrid didn't help much while down in Orlando due to the driving distance?? (Lots of 2 miles one way drive between hotel and venue).

Also started hearing weird quick buzzing noise (1 second) when soft accelerating during the trip (at random speed). Took it to the dealer tonight. Dealer was able to replicated the noise, but is having hard time to pin point the cause. Leave the car with them tonight. They are planning to phone Acura engineer tomorrow.

Fuel Average
NoVA - Johnson City, TN26.46
Johnson CIty, TN -> Orlando, FL26.06
Orlando, FL19.97
Orlando, FL -> Florence, SC24.28
Florence, SC -> NoVA28.01

View attachment 117578
Downtown pretty much has a crap ton of one way roads, but most roads here got the 45 MPH speed limits outside of downtown Otown.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
MDX just passed 60k miles and the MID showed 15% oil life at 60061 miles. I booked service for mid-August, so that MID is gonna bother me for a month. Also, I ran her through a touchless car wash. Same price as the paint damaging car wash, but she's still dirty as heck. Rims and lower portion of the doors and body is super dirty. Need to properly detail once the current semester ends.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I got back last weekend from my first road trip of the year to San Antonio to visit my daughter in the Army. Pretty much rained the entire time there and back for 10 days. I can go months not using my wipers in NM; but, they were constantly on for the entire trip. The Exoshield PPF for the front windshield started to form blotches on the film from the wiper contact. The blotches just grew in size the more I used the wipers. Contacted my Exoshield installer and he said he can replace for free under the 2yr/30k warranty.

You see it more from the outside compared to inside the MDX.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
I have been dealing with similar to that on my windshield, although I DIY Glassparency 3 years back and never had this. Mine is more along the lines of bird droppings.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,166 Posts
Woke up to this in my emails. No warnings what so ever. But thank god they didn't place the new boot on my windshield (the Barnacle).

Attachments

41 - 60 of 71 Posts