Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Yesterday I changed the oil (Mobile 1 0w20) and oil filter (Honda), rotated the tires (Michelin Premier LTX), and changed the rear differential fluid (Acura DPSF - just under 3 quarts). As always, I did the work myself out of convenience, it's less hassle to do it myself than to take it somewhere and wait, and to assure it was done and done correctly - there are horror stories of the quickie lube type places and even dealers mess up - I think they must put their least experienced or least diligent people on the tasks of oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

I did the above after getting the A16 code on the Maint Minder.

The oil life left was 15% and the miles since my last change was 6811 so for this interval, if I had gone to 0%, I expect that would've happened at around 8K miles. I've hit 0% before and it was right around 10K miles and most of my intervals would've gone from 100% to 0% at 10K miles (but I always change at 5%-15% except the one time I got caught out on a road trip). This last interval was unique in that it's the first one that didn't encompass long road trips - it was all fairly short drives a few exits on the freeway and suburbia driving. The oil life was clearly affected by the type of driving - about 2K miles shorter life than when I have some long road trips in the interval. This is all expected.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did a similar treatment to the spare tire winch - didn't want to put it back up there looking nasty against my fresh black paint :D

less aggressive with the rust removal though, I just wirebrushed it and used the rust converter paint

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,172 Posts
Well not today, but I will not have time to be on here tomorrow. I will be driving back home as usual, but I will be washing her near my Honda dealer (free car wash coupon, courtesy of Honda dealer). Currently, she has a crap ton of dead bugs and bird crappings on the hood and front bumper.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well not today, but I will not have time to be on here tomorrow. I will be driving back home as usual, but I will be washing her near my Honda dealer (free car wash coupon, courtesy of Honda dealer). Currently, she has a crap ton of dead bugs and bird crappings on the hood and front bumper.
you get mayflies down there?

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,172 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 MDX SH-AWD
42 Posts
I just gave it a hand wash after bringing back five states worth of bugs on my trip to the Smoky Mtns. Black sure does get dirty, but really shines after a wash. Now I have to pick up some touch up paint for a few chips and scratches.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I did my cabin air filter (Bosch 6029C HEPA) and replaced my engine air filter with OEM on my 19 MDX hybrid. Planning my first road trip of the year to San Antonio around the 4th of July (11hrs from ABQ).

·
Super Moderator
1,993 Posts
Not today... but this week...... hand wash the 2019 MDX, installed color matched splash guard and took it to dealer for State Safely Inspection and Fuel Pump recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not today... but this week...... hand wash the 2019 MDX, installed color matched splash guard and took it to dealer for State Safely Inspection and Fuel Pump recall.
May I ask if you purchased oem splash guards or other? I want to purchase and looking for a recommendation on whether there is an Acura parts site or if most people buy direct from Acura? TIA

·
Super Moderator
1,993 Posts
May I ask if you purchased oem splash guards or other? I want to purchase and looking for a recommendation on whether there is an Acura parts site or if most people buy direct from Acura? TIA
OEM. I was able to get it from my dealer for a little bit lower price compared with online Acura dealer after shipping fee factor in.

·
Registered
435 Posts
B136 service done at local Honda dealer. Too busy to do it myself these days

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,172 Posts
Got a quote for an ASPEC rear bumper from a body shop in South Florida today. Shop asked me to bring her in on Friday for a better evaluation of the rear crash bar.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,172 Posts
Picture day! Drove through middle of nowhere, FL on US 441 and realized that road (notorious for signal lights and adultery things) goes through probably one of most beautiful part of Florida. The road Speed limit is 60 MPH but due to lack of humans and traffic, the road was literally empty, which allowed me to snap some pictures of the MDX. Now, only if I had a photographer that would do some rollers of her.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Looking good! I'm not use to driving down the road and seeing trees so close. We usually see the horizon on most roads in New Mexico.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Looking good! I'm not use to driving down the road and seeing trees so close. We usually see the horizon on most roads in New Mexico.
In much of the country it's like driving in a monotonous tunnel where all you really see are trees lining the highway corridor. The northeast and southeast and midwest can be especially so. I like trees but the monotony of driving lots of miles in the same looking corridor gets old fast. I'd take driving in New Mexico or most of the western part of the country any day.

I'm not taking anything away from datatech's drive - I'm sure it was nice.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,172 Posts
In much of the country it's like driving in a monotonous tunnel where all you really see are trees lining the highway corridor. The northeast and southeast and midwest can be especially so. I like trees but the monotony of driving lots of miles in the same looking corridor gets old fast. I'd take driving in New Mexico or most of the western part of the country any day.

I'm not taking anything away from datatech's drive - I'm sure it was nice.
I do agree with you that after a while it gets boring. I've given up driving on the interstate and toll roads because they were boring and I've been constantly using them on the drive back home just so I don't take more than 6 hours to get home. This drive, however, is a mix of city, forest, flat plains, lakes, and of course the notorious turnpike. I do remember bothering my father to go with me to Atlanta for independence day 2019 after doing the same ol drive for like a 1 year straight (Summer 2018 to Summer 2019).

I've done a run on FL-A1A when I-95 was shut down and that took even longer, but the only scenery was trees left and right. Might do another scenic run but for father's day down to Key West (fam is coming down to MIA for the holiday), so gives an excuse to take the MDX out for a much-needed long family drive.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts