Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Not today... but this week...... hand wash the 2019 MDX, installed color matched splash guard and took it to dealer for State Safely Inspection and Fuel Pump recall.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
May I ask if you purchased oem splash guards or other? I want to purchase and looking for a recommendation on whether there is an Acura parts site or if most people buy direct from Acura? TIA
OEM. I was able to get it from my dealer for a little bit lower price compared with online Acura dealer after shipping fee factor in.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Washed and detailed two cars (MDX and TL), killed too many cicadas past week.

Reactions: kruegs and mrgold35

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Just got back from 2126 road trip (Northern Virginia to Orlando). Hybrid didn't help much while down in Orlando due to the driving distance?? (Lots of 2 miles one way drive between hotel and venue).

Also started hearing weird quick buzzing noise (1 second) when soft accelerating during the trip (at random speed). Took it to the dealer tonight. Dealer was able to replicated the noise, but is having hard time to pin point the cause. Leave the car with them tonight. They are planning to phone Acura engineer tomorrow.

Fuel Average
NoVA - Johnson City, TN26.46
Johnson CIty, TN -> Orlando, FL26.06
Orlando, FL19.97
Orlando, FL -> Florence, SC24.28
Florence, SC -> NoVA28.01

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Came back from 2nd summer road trip (total trip - 1215 miles, average 27MPG) yesterday.. B16 reminder lighted up during the trip, so I did the B16 service (oil & filter and differential fluid change in my garage, washed exterior and vacuum interior today.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
I get the max run. I want to figure out the conditions to join the +500 mile club in my 19 MDX hybrid. My max run so far is 454 miles for 18.5 gals of 91 octane at 24.5 mpg back in July on a trip to San Antonio (mostly hwy at 75-80 mph). Before that it was 452 miles at 18.1 gals for a roundtrip from Flagstaff to Grand Canyon north rim.
I don't push to MAX often, but there are few I have filled over 16 gallons for the past 2 years. (Date with * = majority highway driving)

Date
Gallons
Miles per Refill
Miles per Gallon
8/28/201916.11645728.36
9/26/201916.24546328.50
11/1/201916.77448628.97
11/13/201916.03944127.50
2/7/202016.70247728.56
3/9/202016.92145026.59
6/29/2021*17.49845626.06
7/18/2021*16.50444627.02
7/31/2021*16.34745727.96

Reactions: 17X and mrgold35

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Finally ordered the BlackVue DR900S-2CH dash cam and installed it with 12V power connected. Still waiting for the fuse taps arrival, so I could have Power Magic Pro connect to fuse box properly.

Car Vehicle Photograph Automotive lighting Hood

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Finally ordered the BlackVue DR900S-2CH dash cam and installed it with 12V power connected. Still waiting for the fuse taps arrival, so I could have Power Magic Pro connect to fuse box properly.
Received fuse taps and completed my Power Magic Pro setup with Parking Mode (12v / 12 Hours) enabled.

Circuit component Electrical wiring Computer hardware Electronic component Electronic engineering

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
over the weekend I whipped the MDX pretty hard down at the tail of the dragon. Really thoroughly impressed with the handling from the AWD system.
Is this near by the great smoky mountains? Been to GSM few times, but never been there. Gonna try it next time.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
And apparently, this is something I just learned: Geico gives an extended warranty for brand spanking new vehicles up to 7 years/100k miles. .
Is this new? I know Geico has "Mechanical Breakdown Insurance" for car insured within 15 months of new car purchase and less than 15K miles, up to 7 years/100K for small premium fee and it has $250 deductible for each claim.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Went down to pick up my boy from school yesterday. Got a rock chipped on windshield. Scheduled an appointment for repair, hopefully it won't crack prior that.

• Sad
Reactions: 96firephoenix

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Mobile glass repair came and got the job done.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: 96firephoenix

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like they did a better job than Safelite did with mine. Are you happy with it - do you think they did a good job?
Yes, I don't see the chipped anymore. Since it was on driver's line of sight, I took the chance with repair, but also had in mind that I might need to pay deductible for glass replacement if something gone wrong. Total repair process took about 15 minutes by Safelite Mobile Glass unit.

Reactions: mdxstang

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Don't get me wrong, one of the two SAs I usually go to at Honda was a female, back in the day. She actually knew what she was talking about AND didn't give an attitude. Literally I was shocked when I learned she retired late last year. Like if my go-to guy wasn't there, she was my other go-to SA. Both serviced all 3 of our Hondas AND never ripped me off for unnecessary services.

Like when I ask for an update on how far my vehicle is most don't give an attitude and actually tells me. Just after dealing with 2 particular female SAs multiple times, kinda ruined it for me.

I actually have been used to the SAs asking what services I need when they check in my cars. And its not just the SAs too; I also care about the quality of the customer service. Its more of the latter than the former for me, so if dealer Q in xxxx city has better or best customer service and is cheaper than Dealer Y near me, then I would just go to Dealer Q. That's what happened with this service.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I don't really get your point. Did you deal with this Honda female SA before? You had great experience with previous Honda female SA, but you decided to walk away from this Honda female SA because your past experience from Acura female SAs? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Krauthawk

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Went to dealer for emission inspection. Saw more Type S than standard MDX on the open lot (9 standard + 3 advance Type-S). Then performed the oil/filter and rear differential fluid change on my '02 MDX.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Did tire rotation today. While on it, gave them a nice bath.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Changed engine oil (with filter) and replaced engine and cabin air filters as A12 lighted up. Comparison between 27K vs new filters.

Rectangle Grille Material property Font Electric blue
Rectangle Grille Grey Line Material property

1 - 20 of 20 Posts