Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Added the 5,000lb hitch this week with the ATF cooler. Really well done by the dealer and low profile except when you're towing. On to the trailer selection........
What did the dealer charge you? My MDX-S Advance comes in next week. Dealer quote was over 3k. I'm probably going to go with 3,500 hitch since I only tow short distances.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What did the dealer charge you? My MDX-S Advance comes in next week. Dealer quote was over 3k. I'm probably going to go with 3,500 hitch since I only tow short distances.
Just under $1700.00 for everything. I did have a 15% coupon that I got from Acura for accessories after the purchase. You should be fine with the 3,500. I just went larger for "just in case" scenarios. THE trailers and loads I'm looking at pulling are all falling at 3,000 or less...

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Platinum White Pearl
80 Posts
Very nice.

Do you have some kind of drainage system on your garage floor?
I do not have a garage drain. What I did was purchased a WAYNE Waterbug and placed it on the containment mat where most water would travel. It would suck up the water once there is about 1/4" of it and I had a hose attached and led it to the the proper drainage and out goes the water. I'd say about halfway throughout the wash, I would have to divert the water to the waterbug or move it to suck out the water. The mat holds a good amount of water. When I'm done I just lift the mat towards the waterbug to suck as much water. Then just push what's left out the garage door. (y) It takes some work but it's not that bad.

Waterbug link if anybody is interested:

Containment Mat I bought:

Size is perfect for my garage length. If I had a longer garage I would of purchased the longer one. The height of the sides is sufficient enough to hold the water, or you can always proper something under the sides to lift it a bit and never have to suck out the water during the whole car wash.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just under $1700.00 for everything. I did have a 15% coupon that I got from Acura for accessories after the purchase. You should be fine with the 3,500. I just went larger for "just in case" scenarios. THE trailers and loads I'm looking at pulling are all falling at 3,000 or less...
Wow, that's a much better deal then I am seeing. Did you relocate the Hands Free sensor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quite a few MA folks on here - kind of cool to see. We should select a car show at some point in the future and meet up. Glad to see a thread that captures the enthusiast side of things and not just complaints (there’s a lot to complain about to - I completely understand).

Got my MDX back in July of last year just as everything was going bonkers - but still got a damn good deal on it. It has been a labor of love since - all work has been completed by me except for the remote start, heated wheel, tint, and PPF. Everything I’ve done so far:

Accessories/Package Add-ons
  • Black Premium Plus Package (Remote Start, Black Roof Rails, HFA Sensor/Attachment)
  • Premium Sports A-Spec Package (Heated Steering Wheel, All Emblems Dark Chrome, Black Chrome Lug Nuts, A-Spec Premium floor mat)
  • Illumination Plus Package (A-Spec Illuminated Door Sills, Cargo Sill Trim, Welcome Lights)
  • Running Boards
  • Cargo Net
  • All season A-Spec floor mats
  • A-Mark Floor Light Projectors
  • Lower Lip Trims (didn’t end up installing the rear ones)
  • 21” Type S shark gray wheels wrapped in 285s
  • 35% Tint
  • Xpel PPF

Custom Work
  • Replaced grill surround with color matched
  • Replaced Matte A-Spec grille with gloss black Tech trim grille
  • Custom mount A-Spec badge on the grille
  • Wrapped front lower lip in matte black to match black plastic trim
  • Added Advance Ambient lighting to door pockets, front dash, and center console
  • Custom mounted the welcome lights under the running boards so they would still work

Work to be done
- Ordered a Type S “diffuser“ with the smaller exhaust cutouts so the quad tips will look a little cleaner (it’s on backorder until 2028…haha)

Just got done with my first pass of a ceramic wax last weekend. Will do another pass today or tomorrow if time permits. I will also try and get pictures once some sunshine comes out. Most of these pics below were taken back in March:

View attachment 121302

View attachment 121303

View attachment 121307

View attachment 121305

View attachment 121306

View attachment 121309
I love what you've done with your MDX! I also have an Aspec and was wondering if you did the Advanced ambient lighting yourself or had some one do it for you? I want to add the advanced ambient lighting as well so could use as much info on this as possible! Thank you in advanced!

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
509 Posts
I love what you've done with your MDX! I also have an Aspec and was wondering if you did the Advanced ambient lighting yourself or had some one do it for you? I want to add the advanced ambient lighting as well so could use as much info on this as possible! Thank you in advanced!
Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I did the lighting myself. I see you found the Ambient lighting thread. See my response on that. Happy to help or answer any questions you have via Instagram. @acura_chazzy_j

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
509 Posts
Installed Gloss Black Emblems today!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, that's a much better deal then I am seeing. Did you relocate the Hands Free sensor?
Sorry about that, didn't mean to ghost you, not over here too much. The original HFA is no longer functional once the new tow package is installed. It's an additional order item to get it back and it's on backorder now. Don't really miss it and love the tow package.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put in TuxMats today, my last 4 cars all had weather techs but I saw a lot of recommendations on here for TuxMats and they looked nice so I decided to give them a try. They look great and the quality seems really good. I love how they cover basically all the carpet. My wife now wants a set for her Tesla
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

81 - 97 of 97 Posts