Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
2,142 Posts
Reactions: ChucklesToy

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Platinum White Pearl
80 Posts
With hoa rules where I live, we are restricted from washing the car in front of the house. So I do an automatic car wash (paint doesn’t get ruined or swirls) but their car gel tire system is horrible. Not only does it gel shine the edge of the rim, it leaves a really nasty Glumps of tire gel on the lip edge of the rim and tire. so I have to wipe this off every car wash. and if you don’t wipe it, speed will splat it all over the side of the door. At least the car is clean !

Just thought I share and wonder if anybody else automatic car wash has this feature and does a better job at tire shining through the wash

Sleeve Dress Tints and shades Pattern Electric blue

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Man, that would suck if my HOA had a car wash restriction. I only hand wash and don't have touchless other than the coin operated U-wash-it places around town. I would probably invest in one of those Car Wash Mobile wash mats I see at home auto detail Pros use. I would use it in my closed garage and drain the water out later.

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
How do you like the child seat protector? Easy to clean with shoes on?
Generally, it fits the car well and is sturdy. The material has some grip to it on both sides so that it doesn't add any sliding.

Just installed it after receiving today. Can you clarify your second question?

·
Registered
80 Posts
It seems like a good protector from children kicking the seat.

Sorry I thought you tested out the seat protector already, which was why I wanted to ask if it gets the protector really dirty if your child wears shoes and kicks or rubs their shoes against the seat protector?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Today I Finally got my jb4 replacement harness and the car starts right up on map 1 default. I’m more than happy with the jb4. I can finally be prepared to get my kids to school on time!!

Also love the app and logging. Definitely recommend app add-on if you decide to pickup the jb4.

now to wait for that PRL intercooler kit.:unsure:

Speedometer Car Light Automotive design Gauge

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It seems like a good protector from children kicking the seat.

Sorry I thought you tested out the seat protector already, which was why I wanted to ask if it gets the protector really dirty if your child wears shoes and kicks or rubs their shoes against the seat protector?
Yeah, I will certainly let you know how the cleaning goes after some use. Will find out this weekend have some road trippin!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Today I Finally got my jb4 replacement harness and the car starts right up on map 1 default. I’m more than happy with the jb4. I can finally be prepared to get my kids to school on time!!

Also love the app and logging. Definitely recommend app add-on if you decide to pickup the jb4.

now to wait for that PRL intercooler kit.:unsure:

View attachment 121558
I'm tempting to get one. How you like it so far? Worth the money?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm tempting to get one. How you like it so far? Worth the money?
Definitely can feel the difference with the jb4 even at map 1, on 91 octane. For me I think it’s worth the money. Easy simple mod to gain more hp and can be removed easily if going into dealership warranty service.

considering there Is almost zero turbo lag, you can feel so much power gains in sport +.

But maybe “IanCH” can chime in much better than I can on performance gains as well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Almost every car forum has this thread, I searched and didn't see one so here we go!

Usually this type of thread serves as the town square of the model forum.

Today I got my Type S back from ceramic coating, tint and xpel installation.

• 35% legal MA tint on the drivers windows
  • Air 80 on the full windshield, sunroof and all other windows
  • Xpel Ultimate on the full front bumper, headlights, mirror caps, and B/C pillars
  • Ceramic Pro coating on the entire car, wheels, interior carpet and leather.
View attachment 121298

View attachment 121300

View attachment 121299

Other mods that I have done:
  • Black chrome A and MDX badges
  • Type S side and rear de-badge
  • Black vinyl over the passenger airbag light
  • JB4 tuner
Looks Outstanding, IanCH!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
A1 maintenance which per the book is just oil change and tire rotation. I like to change the oil filter at the same. 7.2K miles with 5% oil life remaining. First time changing MDX oil and tire rotation.

• Tire rotation is pretty easy, two center lift points in the rear and front make it super easy. I opted for not getting wheel locks...I hate wheel locks. Just keep honest people honest and I park in a garage.
  • Drain plug is easy to access though I did notice a a little bit of oil around my plug before I ever touched it, maybe not torqued to spec from factory.
  • The factory oil filter is also on super tight, normally I don't need any tools to remove oil filters but I had to use an oil filter wrench.
  • The trick I found to not spilling oil from the oil filter on the cross member or making a mess is to use a Trader Joes plastic grocery bag and just wrap it around the filter then unscrew it.
  • Easy to access oil filter with passenger tire off during tire rotation but could be accessed with it on with wheel turned all the way.
  • Filling the oil is a little bit of a pain with 5 qt jug, I have a long skinny funnel to reach the oil cap but I still had to pour it in slow to not make a mess. Individual quart size bottles would be easier to fill with.
  • Dip stick is super easy to reach and read, no issues there.
  • Resetting the maintenance minder is super easy, just hold the joystick down for a like 30 seconds while on the oil life screen.
  • While I was under the car I noticed it was super easy to access to the both diff drain valves and the tranny drain valve. Overall the engine looks pretty easy to work on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hats Off to IanCH as this Thread starter. Although I haven't done any mods to my MDX (non Type S ) Advance, I enjoy reading the posts for info. Also agree with IanCH and others that this "Town Square Meeting" should be a place to emphasize the Pros of this spectacular SUV. All cars have pros and cons. The redesign of the MDX is stellar to my eye. My MDX is still Winking at Me after about 11 months of ownership (leased).
At 5600 miles on the clock, I have changed the Oil /Filer 2X (at the dealership - 4 oil changes for Free), and 1 tire rotation.

What is that jb4 harness I see posted ?

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hats Off to IanCH as this Thread starter. Although I haven't done any mods to my MDX (non Type S ) Advance, I enjoy reading the posts for info. Also agree with IanCH and others that this "Town Square Meeting" should be a place to emphasize the Pros of this spectacular SUV. All cars have pros and cons. The redesign of the MDX is stellar to my eye. My MDX is still Winking at Me after about 11 months of ownership (leased).
At 5600 miles on the clock, I have changed the Oil /Filer 2X (at the dealership - 4 oil changes for Free), and 1 tire rotation.

What is that jb4 harness I see posted ?
Thanks, good to have a place where people can just enjoy their cars for sure!

The JB4 is a type of advanced piggyback tuner. Basically it can increase boost, and adjust a few other parameters on turbo engines. On a naturally aspirated engine there isnt much power left on the table to increase. It works by intercepting the signals to the various parts of the engine and adjusting them, you can also flip back to stock operation with the adjustment of a parameter on your phone.

The nice thing about the JB4 is that its not just a boost adder - It has the ability to log and monitor engine function and to create custom tunes as well. It started out as a tuning platform for BMW's but in recent years they have expanded to many other brands.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Exactly what ianCH said. The JB4 is hands down the easiest and most profitable gains in power and monitoring there is without really any additional modifications. It's good with stock.

Coming from a BMW 335i twinturbo I also had a similar unit by Cobb Tuning. But this had an awesome external handheld from the port vs JB4 app. And boy it was nuts from the get go. And mind you that car was much lighter than the MDX Type-s.

But when I installed the JB4 in the Type-S, holy hell. This thing hauls a$$, considering it's much heavier.

Wish I had some 93 octane instead of 91 octane. It is what it is.

Get it if you want some extra gains and monitoring. The App is cool because it feels like you're playing a video game. haha. I'm a car modder and a gamer, always will be with that mindset. But with kids, I have to make due and settle for a family car .. but with power. :p

41 - 60 of 97 Posts