Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on the Sage Brush color. Any pictures? I'm getting my SB and need to tell them what color stripe. Silver, gold, white, tan...?

·
Registered
129 Posts
COLOR

No man can tell another what to do...but if mine I would use a nice Metallic silver to compliment the quartz interior. On my silver X I had to go with black to have enough contrast.

Jim

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I prefer to match the exterior

Many suggest that pin-stripes be color matched to the interior. Yet we had our Mahagony's front windows tinted so along with other factory tint you can't really see inside anyway. The tinting guy at the dealership strongly recommended beige/tan to match the saddle interior.

Yet I did not think that would look good at all, inlight of the fact those colors did not exist outside the car. We chose a three stripe look to match the exterior - black, gray and silver. I think it looks great:cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All suggestion welcome!

I would love to hear from some that actually have (or have seen) stripes on the Sage Brush color, but anyone who cares to comment on what they THINK would look good on SB are also very welcome. Looking for input from all the experts on the forum...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Blacks, grays & Silvers

match the exterior and the quartz interior - chose the shades that look best on the paint.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks...

going with silver, I think

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Sage Brush is finally in as well and waiting for me to pick up......Probably 1-2 weeks due to my existing lease on my TL. I should wait to my existing lease ends.....but I know I will not.

In any case, my dealer claims that the silver does not show up very well on Sage Brush and he said he would recommend black for contrast. I do not know which way to go either.....perhaps with no stripe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
NSXBILL,

When are you picking up your MDX? If soon, please post which color you went with and how it looks (especially if you went with silver). Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I'm really confused!

The Sage Brush Body Side Molding is on backorder and the silver stripes won't be in until 3 days from now (???). I THOUGHT I was going with silver until kev's post. Dealer said choices were silver, tan, black. I can't imagine black OR tan on SB. HELP!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clear ones may be the answer ;) but...

I would still love to see pictures of silver pinstripes on a Sage Brush MDX...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
NSXBill:

Is there a reason you can't see each color "sampled" on your SBP? That's how we decided on the color and width of our pinstripes, and it made the decision so much easier than guessing what it would look like. Eyeballing something like this makes all the difference in the world for you to determine which color YOU like best - and that's what really matters, cause it's your X.

·
Registered
11 Posts
NSXBill,

For what it's worth, I went by my dealership to visit my MDX and look at the color again. Several salesmen there told me that they had customers with Sage Brush that opted for the silver trim and it looked great!!!........looks like I'm going with the silver pin stripe too. I've moved up my delivery date to this Saturday (could not wait any longer) and if you have not done your MDX as yet, I'll let you know how the silver looks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm supposed to pick mine up...

...on Thursday. They should have the SILVER pinstripe, BSM, and roof rack on by then and the towing package thrown in the back. Of course, if they surprised me and installed it too, I wouldn't mind. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a picture (I hope)

of my Sagebrush Pearl w/ silver pinstripes and BSM.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oops. fyi, That's not me

in the picture.

·
Registered
11 Posts
NSXBill,

The pin stripe looks good from what I can see........I pick mine up tomorrow and will know 1st hand how it looks. Thanks for the Pic

·
Registered
93 Posts
DaleB said:
I like the clear pinstripes! You can't even tell I have pinstripes! Looks great!
DaleB--I went with the invisible pinstripes. Similar to the clear, but easier to install.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts