Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just got through lifting or raising my sons Nissan Frontier a couple inches. Still chasing pcm issues on it so mdx has taken a back seat for the last two weeks. After raising the frontier a couple inches (2.6” front, 2.2” rear) to put on bigger tires. I’m thinking about raising my MDX, just a little bit I want to put a taller tire on it to soften the ride maybe a 255/55/20. I’ll do some More research, I found two companies doing the lifts for the late model mdx/pilot/ridge line. Anymore than two inches and you have to modify control arms, etc. my 2017 has coil overs on all sides so they are just spacers. Depending on how long this covid last I might do it...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does the company also re-program the speedometer, which will likely be inaccurate after you put on a taller tire?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It will be off 3mph at 65 mph, so instead of 65 I’ll be doing 68. I don’t know if I can program with my obd2 reader I’ll check. it’s in my sons Nissan. I’ll check tomorrow.

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
36 Posts
I just bought a '14 Tech compliments of COVID, and next comes changing all fluids, filters, and doing a clay bar and polish.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I never clay bar any of the vehicles we had before, but how long does it take to clay bar the MDX? This is my first time, as I really wished we bought a light color since I can see a ton of swirl micro-scratches on the clear coat. Also is Turtle SuperWax (the paste looking wax) great for the MDX or does it a good job for a while? Will be also looking into waxing the MDX soon, as I might end up parking this in the garage for most of the entire summer (I don't have summer classes to go on campus at all).

I have a tri-fold cargo mat in the back and all weather mats for the rest. Don't have to worry about dirt, stains, or spills. Clean up can be a quick shake outside to a quick wash/rinse on wash day. The rear cargo mat has saved me from having to spot scrub the rear hatch numerous times.
I got the weather tech floor liners the moment we bought our MDX for all three rows. Its the trunk that just never had a proper floor cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i did the oil change. air filter. this weekend i wiil do the spark plugs. it is too cold here for a car wash.

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
36 Posts
Couple of hours for the clay I would say. I personally use Duragloss products for sealants.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts