Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to this group and also don't know many technicalities, when it comes to car.

When I see 3.2 TL or any BMW, the headlights are White (atleast, they are different) as compared to headlights that are in lets say Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.

Which one MDX comes with, does it come with headlight similar to 3.2 TL/BMW or Honda/Toyota type.

I have already given deposit for the MDX and expect to get in March end.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
The MDX headlights are Halogens. Several folks have installed HID conversion kits on their X's. You can do a search and get lots of info.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
flrmnd_mdx said:
I am very new to this group and also don't know many technicalities, when it comes to car.

When I see 3.2 TL or any BMW, the headlights are White (atleast, they are different) as compared to headlights that are in lets say Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.

Which one MDX comes with, does it come with headlight similar to 3.2 TL/BMW or Honda/Toyota type.

I have already given deposit for the MDX and expect to get in March end.
HID is a lighting system. HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. It is a lighting system which utilize a lighting ballast that has an igniter that sends an electrical charge to the light and an inverter that turns the charge in a gas filled glass bulb to burn a Xenon gas to create an ARC light that is brighter and whiter than the standard halogen bulb that has a pair of metal prongs connected by a coil that burns when an electrical charge is sent to it. HIDs come in either mercury based light housing in cars like the TL, Infinity G35 and the later version of Volvos. HIDs can also be in Ellipsoidal project headlamps like in high end BMWs, Audis, Ferraris and Lamborghinis. The BEST method to utilize HIDS is to apply them in projector headlamps with auto leveling.

Hope my short answer what HIDs are be of some informative assistance to you. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So bottomline, my MDX lights will not white, as TL. :(

No wonder, I see so many postings on this forum to convert it.

Fireblade6,
Thanks for the info.

;)

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
flrmnd_mdx said:
So bottomline, my MDX lights will not white, as TL. :(

No wonder, I see so many postings on this forum to convert it.

Fireblade6,
Thanks for the info.

;)
Exactly!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Once you drive with HIDs you will never go back to halogen.

The difference is literally day and night...

Yes Yes, I work for the company but at the same time I am also a consumer:)

Regards,

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts