Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX hit 4000 miles then my 4 MO HIDs conk out. Then my 2 YO son promptly throws up numerous times inside the car all over the interior and on the child seats.

Lets see if SPP holds up their end of the bargain with the HIDs. I will keep you up to date on it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What happend to you SPP HIDS? I also got the HIDs from SPP, please keep us update on the problem and how SPP handles it. Eric is suppose to be a pretty standup guy. He get pretty reviews from all the other sites.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was waiting in the driveway with them on and after a few minutes noticed they were off but the fogs were still on.

I checked all the wiring to see if something came loose but everything checked out ok. I tried turning them on and off and using the high beams and they charged up momentarily once but turned off again.

I couldn't get them to turn on so I went back to my normal lights and just took out the HID bulbs. I left a message with SPP but haven't gotten anything back. Since its New Years eve I don't blame them though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Erik promptly called me back and gave me a few suggestions to try. I'm pretty sure its not a major malfunction as he explained. It probably has to do with the fact that it snowed alot around here and maybe a wire got some moisture or corroded. He suggested I dump the wiring harness and directly connect the ballasts to the lights and change the fuse to 15 amp which I will try to do soon.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Good luck doggie! Hope you're 2 yr olds OK too - it's kind of their job to throw up alot, particularly in inopportune places.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to post an update on the HIDs.

Erik at SPP was very helpful. He even called me when the store was closed on his own time and Fedexed me a set of cables I needed to reconnect my HIDs free of charge. It looks like a cable corroded from all the snow and salt around here so nothing was wrong with their hardware.

Thanks for the help Erik.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What part of the wire corroded? Did the insulation corrode? As I also have the SPP HIDs so I am thinking perhaps I should tape them up with electrical tape for further insulation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the wiring harness, there is a little box that has like 6 flat headed connectors. That corroded and turned green. I am not 100% sure if that is the reason my lights conked out or not. It could also have been from a bend in a wire someplace.

Erik sent me a custom made 9006 to flat head connector for my lights. Since we cant directly insert the ballasts into the power connector because it is so short, I needed an "extension cord" for the 9006s. I tried looking for one at a bunch of auto parts stores but they looked at me like I was crazy. Erik got me a pair of them and Fedexed them to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts