Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an ‘08 with 251k and ready for the next set of tires. Getting off a crappy brand that I can’t stand. It was a stranded with three nails type situation.

What’s everyone running? In South Florida so looking for a sporty tire with a good ride and wet traction.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
My all time favorite tires are the Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06. I've used them on my 06 TSX, 08 RDX, and 11 MDX. Planning to switch to them when my OEM wear out on my 19 MDX. Excellent wet and dry traction, reduced noise levels, comfortable ride, +50,000 miles of treadlife, very secure at any speed, excellent traction in the corners, and cool looking tread design.

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
At Tirerack the top rated Crossover/SUV Touring All Season tire (based on consumer reviews) is the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3, and $100 cheaper than the Michelin Latitude which is the the 5th rated tire. Also highly rated in Tirerack's tests.

The Michelin Latitude Tour XP is the OEM tire on my 20 Advance and I have no issues with them, but I will strongly look at the Pirelli's when replacement time comes.

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech
126 Posts
I’m running Kumho Crugen HP71 XL that I ordered from tire rack and had installed by local Honda dealer. Bought them back in Nov 21. Haven’t had any issues with them other than they are a little squirrelly going over metal grated drawbridges. Overall I’m happy with them. They are quiet and they stick to the road well when cornering. I do have a slight vibration at highway speeds but the dealer had issues with their tire balancing machine that I was unaware of and this was the repair guys 3rd time working on it so I’m going to get them road force balanced somewhere else because I didn’t have this issue with a worn 6 year old set of tires!
It had Bridgestone Deuller 400’s on it when I bought it and they weren’t bad but they were 6 years old and showing their age.
I’ve run Perelli Scorpions on my wife CRV. They are bit noisy but the CRV isn’t classified as a luxury automobile either. They wear well and are good in the rain and on dry pavement.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just put a set of Michelin Defenders on earlier this month. Understanding that this opinion is based upon very little mileage they are so far the best out of the box. My MDX came with Michelin Premiers. When they wore out I went to Discount Tire and put on a set of Kuhmo HP71s that transmitted an excessive amount of road noise. They were swapped out for Continental Cross Contact LX25s that were equally as noisy, so I ended up going back to the OEM Michelin Premiers. They barely lasted 40,000 miles so I swapped them out for the current Defender LTX. So far they are the smoothest and quietest tires I've had on the MDX. Time will tell.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just put a set of Michelin Defenders on earlier this month. Understanding that this opinion is based upon very little mileage they are so far the best out of the box. My MDX came with Michelin Premiers. When they wore out I went to Discount Tire and put on a set of Kuhmo HP71s that transmitted an excessive amount of road noise. They were swapped out for Continental Cross Contact LX25s that were equally as noisy, so I ended up going back to the OEM Michelin Premiers. They barely lasted 40,000 miles so I swapped them out for the current Defender LTX. So far they are the smoothest and quietest tires I've had on the MDX. Time will tell.
Defender are not the quietest and smoothest tires but they the most durable and last the longest tires. I have them and they are great. They last a long time. I would buy them again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts