Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guesses as to what might be bad?

Wondering if that is enough to leak down to the oil pan. My car has begun to spot in the driveway. Not happy about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked around the valve covers and they’re clean as a whistle!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I would take down to the local "U Wash it" and clean the engine bay and P/S pump area. Might be easier to see where the leak is from with a clean pump. Do you have to add any P/S fluid? How is the color of the P/S oil? Is it a clear-ish caramel color like fresh oil or dark like used engine oil? Sometimes old P/S oil can loose its viscosity and slip by seals. Fresh oil might slow down the leak.

Reactions: techmechanic

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would take down to the local "U Wash it" and clean the engine bay and P/S pump area. Might be easier to see where the leak is from with a clean pump. Do you have to add any P/S fluid? How is the color of the P/S oil? Is it a clear-ish caramel color like fresh oil or dark like used engine oil? Sometimes old P/S oil can loose its viscosity and slip by seals. Fresh oil might slow down the leak.
I’ll check out the color and see. Good idea about the wash, needs a good cleaning for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts