Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sales rep was good, he continued to follow up with us and showed us how to use all the features of the MDX when we got the truck. The service department on the other had was plain old out terrible. We had to wait two months for the roof rack to come in when it was suppose to be on the truck when we got it. We took the truck in to get the roof rack two months later and when we got the truck after they installed the roof rack, we took the truck home and found while driving it that there was a problem with the back spring (which wasn't a problem before we took it in for the roof rack), then we had had problems with noises on both front doors ( the passenger side door had a clicking noise down by the compartment holder and the driver side door has something rolling around in the door, everytime i would come to a stop i would hear it roll forward), i had brought this up to the service department the first time I had the truck in there to have the roof rack installed and they told me that they didn't hear the noise in the doors so they couldn't fix them, which is complete bull because it's not hard to hear that ball or screw in the drivers side. Then I brought it in for the spring to be fixed and asked about the doors again and they told me they never knew about that problem. I obviously flipped out since i knew they knew about the problem with the doors and asked to speak to the service manager, Darren, whom I must say was very very very ignorant. He totally just sat there and argued back with me and told me that my fiancee lied to me and never told them about the door when i know he did because it was on the work order from the week before. I told him all I wanted was the doors fixed and if they can't be fixed that I wanted 2 brand new doors ordered and he told me that "he WILL NOT order 2 new doors". I got frustrated with him and told him then fine I will return the truck, I don't want it and his response to that was "fine i don't care the truck will just sit in the lot"!! This man claimed that he has been with West Chester acura for 16 years, well you would have never known it with the service I got from him!! I asked for the manager above him which is the General Manager and he refused to give me his name. I finally got the General managers name after nagging on him for a while and the only name he would give me of the general manager was his first name. I ended up calling the General Manager , whom seemed to be sticking up for the service manager telling me that he apologizes for him and that he just had a bad day. I am sorry I myself work in customer service for 6 years, and everyone knows the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT!! This service manager blamed my fiancee for the fault of his service department. BEWARE of WEST CHESTER ACURA!! THERE SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS TERRIBLE!!!!!! I WILL NEVER TAKE MY MDX BACK THERE AGAIN. AS OF TODAY 4/8/02, I AM TAKING MY MDX TO ARDMORE ACURA. ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT BUYING A TRUCK FROM WEST CHESTER ACURA BETTER THINK AGAIN AND TRY TO FIND ANOTHER DEALERSHIP. I WAS PUT THROUGH PURE HELL!! MY TRUCK IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD!! DO NOT GO TO WEST CHESTER ACURA!! Also when my fiancee called Darren the service manager back to let him know that we will no longer be bringing the MDX back to there dealership, he said "ok fine, good luck", he never offered us anything to stay or anything!!! That dealership was a disgrace and I really regret buying my X there. My whole philosophy is we paid off the truck and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the money we gave them, the money was not defected!!:( :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. I've been there. You can read about our horror story with Park Acura in Akron, Ohio. Just do a search for "clearcornea" as the author.

I think too many Acura put their interests ahead of the customers. They know they have a vehicle in short supply and high demand. I think many are taking advantage of this. Unless Acura starts putting the customer first, they are going to lose many customers. We love our MDX, but our horrible buying experience makes me leary of dealing with another Acuara dealership. As much as I love the MDX, I'll probably buy a Lexus next time. Lexus has earned a reputation for not only building quality cars, but they've also earned a reputation of treating their customers right. Acura could learn a great deal from Lexus in this area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts