·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Looks real nice!:29:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Tim,

I ordered a cargo net from you about a month ago. You charged me shipping and handle for NY. Why? In your website, you say free shipping. Should I get refund for that.... Here's the order #: 4397

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've historically always had a 2.00 handling charge per order. That is more clearly explained on the front page of the new site.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tim:

___Congrats on the new site. I have been watching the progress from pre-launch to today’s latest and it looks like the MDX pages are working now.

___As an enhancement, could you setup an 01/02 and 03 section possibly? Plood changes in particular can cause someone to inadvertently order incorrectly. There was a change to the Base Carrier from 01 to 02 as well, right? Possibly place the Black and Chrome side steps next to one another. Maybe place the Running boards next to the side steps in the edit? Place the 03 headrests next to the 01/02 headrests. I made a mistake by pointing to the 01/02’s in a forum discussion just last week.

___And an OT question … Since Acura won’t sell the hitch assembly or possibly warranty an X with a hitch and no tranny/PS coolers, why are they selling the hitch harness separately ;)

___I know, more changes to drive some coder or yourself nuts!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Tim,

Great site and the performance is much better!!!!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Good job!!!!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
ghost said:
. . . You need an SS on the MDX page though... :)
I like the site, and the color of the X is OK with me. :D

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xcel said:
Hi Tim:

___As an enhancement, could you setup an 01/02 and 03 section possibly? Plood changes in particular can cause someone to inadvertently order incorrectly. There was a change to the Base Carrier from 01 to 02 as well, right? Possibly place the Black and Chrome side steps next to one another. Maybe place the Running boards next to the side steps in the edit? Place the 03 headrests next to the 01/02 headrests. I made a mistake by pointing to the 01/02’s in a forum discussion just last week.

___And an OT question … Since Acura won’t sell the hitch assembly or possibly warranty an X with a hitch and no tranny/PS coolers, why are they selling the hitch harness separately ;)

What we did in the past was to have a link at the bottom of the order page to enter the model year of the vehicle, which confused a lot of people. Today, my job is to do just that.....I'm going to set up the accessories with radio buttons to denote model year.

The reason that I sell the hitch harness, though, is because there has been a market for it since some are buying aftermarket hitches for their X.

We're getting there.....still some more tweaking to do.....but this I can say. The website itself is only the beginning. Under development is a MUCH more comprehensive and user friendly install instructions page. Hopefully that will be up within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Very Nice~~~ :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice site!!. I know it will be even more easier to navigate now. My X is on its way and I will be using the new site to order soon.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd love to see TSB's on your new site. I realize that Honda might not approve. However, I think it is their best interest to keep customers informed. In some cases, they may end up paying for a repair where they otherwise wouldn't, due to a customer no longer being in the dark about a problem. But that customer will then be a happier customer, more likely to buy a Honda/Acura product the next time because it shows that the manufacturer is standing behind their product.

Once in a while, a published TSB might even SAVE them money. For example, if I could see the rumored TSB on the driver's seat clunking around, and if the fix is essentially placing some shims or washers somewhere, I might just do it myself and save everyone some hassle.

Also, I noticed that some models have things like air and oil filters listed (MDX) and others don't (Civic). It would be great to eventually have all the popular stuff on the site. Or, as a possible alternative, you could provide a way to online order parts like these without a price/description. For example, just filling out a description of what I'm trying to order (and I'll trust you that the price is fair), or provide a return e-mail of prices for final approval. This system's advantage is that it would allow secure transmission of credit card info with the original order.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I like the new look and the performance enhancement is fantastic, but I miss the list of products that you had when you clicked on the model -- now it just goes to the full list with pics and prices, etc. which is a bit difficult to scroll through. I do like the search feature, though!! Keep up the great work, Tim.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Dale MDX

The TSBs are hosted right here I believe....admittedly it's been a while since I've checked for updates. I'm always happy to answer questions along those lines by phone or email, and these are things that we have planned for the future.....but for now we have to concentrate on the functionality and form of the website as it is. The next hurdle is the installation instructions, and hopefully those will be done on a searchable database very shortly.

As far as maintenance items, I'm always happy to fill orders for them, but or cars like the Civic there are so many variables depending on model and year that the margin of error is far lower if we have the customer on the phone to get the needed info. Putting parts up on the new site is easier than ever, so I can always add or delete products in minutes.

AcuraMDX2002:

It was a tough decision to do it the way we did, but the reason we did it that way was because many of the accessories that were on the site ended up buried in different sections because the framework wasn't there for things like full-size spares (which I'll be working on as well). The reason why we went to one search is that if a person is shopping for accessories for their MDX, for example, it's much easier to see everything that's available on one page rather than having to scroll through 3 or 4 seperate sections.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts