Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have 'em installed? Anyone have pictures. My searches come up pretty void of photo evidence or experiences with them.
The '17 is the first vehicle I've had without window vents/visors and the car is HOT here in central VA sitting in the office lot all day. Just ordered a Covercraft windshield shade, and I'm debating the Well's.

Would love to hear y'alls thoughts.

https://www.wellvisors.net/index.ph...lectors-acura-mdx-14-17-with-chrome-trim.html

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put something similar on our '99 CRV in 2000 or so.

Nice to leave the windows down a little on hot days. On rainy days the interior humidity goes way up. Didn't really allow for quiet highway travel with the windows down slightly. Also caused some wind noise even with the windows up.

Adhesive lasted about 15 yrs. Polycarbonate lasted about 18 years.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Familiar with the noise, etc, as my previous three vehicles all had window visors. I wasn't planning on putting them on the MDX but 110* heat index has me wanting otherwise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had them on my MDX for just over a year now. They work great and I haven't noticed any significant increase in wind noise with the windows up.

The installation is pretty straightforward. I've had a leak occur between the door frame and rain guard that eventually went away. Just make sure you clean the door frame and apply direct pressure along the length of the rain guard when installing.

The rear window visor doesn't cover as much of the window because of the shape of the window. So you have to be careful that you don't leave the window down too much in case you leave the car unattended and it rains hard.

About 9 months into ownership, the clearcoat over the metal trim began to crack in numerous places. I contacted the vendor and they sent me a new set. I asked if any improvement had been made to the design and they said that the changed the trim to stainless steel so there is no longer any clearcoat to crack. The cracking was purely cosmetic and did not result in any corrosion of the metal trim.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.