Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks of a roller-coaster ride to get my MDX. . .and it fell through at the last minute due to $500 in previously undisclosed fees by the dealer.

I had hoped to not have to deal with these type of issues from a "luxury" dealer. Lesson learned. I realize that this is only one dealer, but if reflects poorly on Acura as a whole and I have moved my focus to other brands.

I was really looking forward to my 'X, too. At least I still have the VIN to remember her by, I guess.

I'll post my official dealer review as soon as I'm sure that they did, in fact, refund my deposit. Have fun, folks.

:(

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Acura Dealer.

My dealer faxed me a contract just after I gave them my deposit (credit card on the phone) and it had about $260 of charges for a VTR fee. (Vehicle Theft Registration). They removed these at my request.

I'm confused as to why your dealer did not provide you with some kind of contract disclosing all charges at the time of you giving them the deposit.

If I were you I would also consider the 2003 MDX (different dealer) in my new search for a vehicle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Olo - Try another dealer. You can do a search through Acura.com to get all the dealers within say 100 miles and send them a request for quotes and delivery dates. That is what we did and found the car we wanted with the delivery date that was reasonable. If you are in a hurry, this may not work, but try it because the X is a great vehicle and worth the hassel and the wait. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts