Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 2 years and over 700 posts I can now call myself a bonafide member of acuramdx.org!!!! :D .....Some of you old-timers on this site (wmquan, remery, ghost, vip9, and others) probably wrote me off as "hanging around here" just for the heck of it ;) ......Oh well, actually, at some point early on, I myself never imagined I would buy an MDX (remember the discussions on excessive width?? :D ) ......but I must say that I've enjoyed the lively debates and discussions on the pros and cons of the MDX..........and in the end the MDX won me over as the choice of vehicle. (definitely does say something about the overall excellence of the MDX!)

I picked up my 2003 Midnight Blue Pearl NAV/RES MDX from Valencia Acura this Sunday morning......and I'm loving every moment of driving it!........additionally, I can't say enough good things about this dealership: They are the epitomy of HONESTY, INTEGRITY and CUSTOMER-SERVICE. I worked with Scott and Paul and they were extremely friendly, couteous and helpful throughout the process. Even the owner, Sherry Flemming came and personally thanked me for the business!! I'm truly impressed! .......and delivery was a smooth and painless process.

To make a long story short, I had a deposit down at CERRITOS ACURA for a Sagebrush Pearl MDX with an ETA of Dec 13-15. Just the other day they had me pre-approved for a certain money factor and lease term, which was supposedly "locked". When I asked them for this in writing, they told me it would take a couple days and then suddenly switched financing terms on me! Needless to say I was EXTREMELY p*ssed off. In anger, I asked them to IMMEDIATELY refund my deposit! After that, began the frantic search to get a similar MDX from another dealer. Eventually I HIT LUCK at Valencia Acura, and decided on a Silver/Qtz. that was not yet "spoken for" with an ETA of Dec.13th-15th. This morning, I had second thoughts about silver (especially the TWO-TONE quartz interior :eek: ) and I called Scott, my salesperson, to see if there was anything coming in a week or two later in any other color.........and VOILA! to my surprise he said he had a Midnight Blue Pearl model 189 (exactly what I wanted) ready to go!!............I was there at the dealership within an hour and now I'm a happy camper driving around with a permanent smile pasted on my face :D

SOME BRIEF FIRST-HAND IMPRESSIONS:

First off, I'd like to say that, the more I drive this vehicle, the happier I am that I made the right choice (especially after 2 yrs of "back and forth" :rolleyes: ) ..........It's simply fantastic.......Handles like a dream, tracks like a laser, rides very smooth, has wonderfully comfortable seats, does not feel like you're driving a huge vehicle (contrary to what I'd earlier assumed) and has lots of power!!......and it's very quiet too! (in sharp contrast to my test drive impression of a 2001 model).......they've definitely "done a 180" on this one!! .......and last but not least, the Voice Activated Navi is everything I hoped it would be AND MORE!!!!.......Can't get myself to stop playing with it :2:

SOME OF MY OTHER OBSERVATIONS:

I just have 138 miles on the "X" now, but so far this is what I've observed -

The Bose sound system is just "average" when listening to FM radio. However, I tried several CDs, and with some fine tuning it sounds quite good, actually! I, also observed the infamous "brake-clunk" mentioned here, though it sounds very very subdued (and frankly, doesn't bother me - you've got to really strain your ears to hear this .......Hopefully, it will not get any louder).......Haven't noticed some of the other issues mentioned here, such as the gas tank slosh (even though I tried very hard to listen for it)............On another note, I'm still trying to get "acclimated" to the extra width, which can make some parking manuvers in tight spots a bit tricky.......but I guess it's a matter of time before I get used to it!

That's pretty much it for now. I'll report back later after I've got some more miles under my belt :D

and Oh yeah!, I'm still glad I chose this machine over all others! ;)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Excellent

Congrats. I am awaiting mine anxiously as well. I am EXTREMELY sensitive to very slight things in cars, like steering corrections needed at any speed, brake feel, any weird sounds, etc. so I hope to be a big contributor in this aspect to all of you (I certainly am for my friends when I drive their cars!). ;)

Anyhow, resist the temptation, drive it like a granny for the first 500 miles or so. It's not so much the engine that needs the babying, rather, everything else, all the moving parts. After that, go nuts. :p

Oh boy, I sure as hell plan to play with the Nav so much it won't even be funny. From the sounds of it, it's the best one offered in the world. :4:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Congratulations!

vicpai,

Nice going. I was wondering when your time would come. Glad you read that your happy. Have fun, and dont forget to show us the pics!:) :4:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Congratulations Vic.

Picked my Sagebrush up today also. Have almost the exact same milage on it as I write this. Kind of like the quartz interior, however.

Saw a Midnight Blue Pearl at the dealer. It really sparkles in the sunlight. Good choice.

I also pulled a deposit from Superior in Bakersfield due to some behavior I considered less than "Acura Level". However, I was very pleased with Gold Coast in Ventura.

Good luck with the car. I'm impressed that you hung in on the forum for 2 years and made such a large contribution before actually "joining the club".

·
Registered
619 Posts
OHH MYYY GAAAAWWWD!!!(think Janice from friends).

You must be an imposter. There is no, i repeat NO way Vicpai bought the MDX. I want proof.:D :D :D

Congrats vic. I think u deserve a reward for the longest time spent researching the Luxury suv market. It sounds like it was worth the wait.

Congrats again.

·
Registered
619 Posts
oh, and How is the width.:D ;)

after months of detailed analysis by u about every topic in the world- we want a detailed analysis(similar to wmquan) about the 03 MDX.

Congrats.:7:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
At last!

All right Vic! You're the only person I know on the site that waited three model years before making a purchase! You're like the Warren Buffet of acuramdx.org! :6:

I don't need to tell you to get out and enjoy it - just be sure to get us some pictures of this new rig!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Congratulations Vic.:7:

Midnight Blue is a fantastic color. :29:

Now who is the most active "old timer" here without a MDX?:8:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I think we should reset your postcount back to 1 :D

Congrats...nice color choice, and glad you were able to track one down after the financing switch at Cerritos.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats vicpai!!

I guess this makes you official now. Have you had time to notice how great your Midnight Blue Pearl looks at night, during the day, in the rain? It's a beautiful color and a real eyecatcher, the overwhelming majority of the Xs in our area are black.
ENJOY the ride!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Vicpai,

Way to go! Enjoy your MDX and share your experiences with us! :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I remember searching around site for resaerch before I purchased mine and kept noticing this "VicPai" guy. I would look down at the date and wonder if or when he would get the MDX. Congratulations. Heck you have probably been through, oh I don't know, 3000+ people posting that they just purchased their new MDX. I have no idea how you did it. :) :29:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Welcome Vic! I knew your love for all things navigation would make you join in! Enjoy amigo...

Rob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations. You sure have a lot of patience. We picked up our 2003 MDX (Touring/NAVI - Silver/Quartz - Moonroof Visor) on November 30th at Heart Acura in Wappinger Falls, New York. I was leary about the Silver/Quartz combo too, but it looks great - there's just enough contrast to make it work. I concur with your comments. :29: We are super-pleased with our MDX. Our only complaint so far has been a mysterious clunking sound we hear from time to time. I guess it's the brake clunk you mentioned. What's the scoop on the clunk? Has it been around for a while? Is it something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi RipVanMDX,

I ordered the Touring/NAVI/RES - Silver/Quartz from Heart Acura back in Aug 3. The sale-man told me that the production date is 12/7-12/11. I don't know why it takes such long time. When did you place the order? Thanks for your info!

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Congratulations, Vic. Yes, I do believe you have the record for most posts before buying an MDX!

Enjoy it!

(The record all said, if Wayne (xcel) does buy an MDX, he may beat your record, or at least the record for most posts before deciding not to buy an MDX!)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
wmquan said:
Congratulations, Vic. Yes, I do believe you have the record for most posts before buying an MDX!

Enjoy it!

(The record all said, if Wayne (xcel) does buy an MDX, he may beat your record, or at least the record for most posts before deciding not to buy an MDX!)
:19:

Nothing like peer pressure!!!Come on Wayne.....You can do it:29:
seriously.I admire those who take their time and don't jump into things.Especially $40,000 things:eek:

·
Registered
699 Posts
vicpai finally got one! Yippee!

I read your post with a big grin on my face. Vicarious happiness, with just a smidgeon of jealousy...

Glad to hear you had a good experience at Valencia Acura. I do all my service there. While they didn't replace the lock washer on the first service, everything else about their service has been really top notch.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Legitimate ...

... at last:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts