Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the MDX owners in the Sunny Southern California!

I just want to start a thread by identifying my location and model MDX I have....

I'm in Aliso Viejo. MDX is SSilver/TP. Bought in Oct. 27, 2000 at Canyon Acura, MSRP and no accessories. I Currently have 4500 miles. I placed my deposit and waited since June.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Duh...

I didn't put my location... OK, I'm in the Pasadena Area. Am a Capricorn, love puppies and sunsets, and want to buy the world a coke. Sacrastic by nature... sorry. Love my MDX though, nuthin' but the truth there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Waiting for my Sassy Silver

I'm in Valencia and I'm waiting to take delivery on a Sassy Silver MDX base model. That's right: I'm foregoing the bells and whistles (or in the case of the roof rack on the touring pkg, the whistling! On my last US built SUV, that noise on the freeway drove me crazy. May not be aproblem for the MDX, but I decided not to risk it.)

The only thing that might make me happier would be winning a pearl white MDX on a game show! LOL :D

Liberty

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waiting......

Good luck and Happy Waiting! I hope everything goes smooth.
IMO, base, touring, navi...... IT'S STILL AN AWESOME MDX.

You'll enjoy it when it arrives:D BTW, I have the same color.:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Checking in from Camarillo

Still waiting for our "Sassy" Silver. Will continue to monitor this thread for possible group discount on accessories and possible meetings

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MDX sightings at South OC

Well, this past weekend I saw 3 MDX's around my area in Aliso Viejo. A MesaBeige touring on Friday night, a Black base on Sat. morning and a SSilver base on mid-day Sat. Could not tell wether they had navi or not. Anybody here owns any of these nice cars?:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my Black MDX about 2 hours ago. Marina Del Rey. IT IS BEAUTIFUL.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BIG CONGRATS

Yes! you made a great choice! Its also okay if you dont get much sleep tonight, volunteer to do all the short trips to Ralph's or even go the library, just to drive the car. The "new MDX owner's syndrome" kinda lingers for quite a while and there's no other cure but to drive the car, thats why i have already put in all those 7000 miles. BTW, have you done your delivery checklist(posted on another thread) to make sure you're all set? where did you get your MDX and did you have a great buying experience? just curious.;)

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW TOY :D:D:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
MDXtasy,

Didn't get much sleep this weekend drove down to San Diego. The ride was smooth. I still have'nt gone through the checklist but everything seems to be working so far. I got my MDX at Acura 101 west. Very smooth transaction. Talked to the fleet manager Sam Mohatemedi and he hooked me up within two weeks. No haggling straight price. I bought the roof rack, moonroof visor and wood dash kit. Paid a little over MSRP but I just didn't want to hassle with putting that stuff on. I thought they would try to gouge me but it was the easiest transaction ever. Paid MSRP and the price for the accesories that's all nothing else, took about 30 minutes to fill paperwork and get out of there.

Bicha1

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
hopefully very soon.......

Soon-to-be-MDX-owner from TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA :D:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello: I've had my MDX for almost two weeks now...and I love it. I actually let my husband drive it for the first time tonight. I ordered my car thru Crevier Leasing (yes the BMW guys). I figured I might as well let them deal with the whole dealer thing. Crevier bought the car from Mission Viejo Acura in just over 2 mos. of placing the order. Happy Driving.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello SoCal folks,
I live in Westminster, Orange County. My MDX is black/Navi. Been driving it for 6 months w/ great experience. I start seeing more of its sibbling out the street lately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got mine @ South Coast Acura 3 months ago. Well, my wife
is driving it. I'm only allowed to drive in weekend.
Have seen other 4 MDX's in Irvine where I live.

See you around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
west LA owner

Got mine in April 01 from Santa monica Acura. Waited about 5months was on the list with most S.Cal dealers. Had bad experience with Peyton cramer acura, got the run around. Biege MDX, Touring, Navi, running board, lower front trim, fender flares. If you buy from Santa monic acura, deal with amir kasra he's ok.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mantis said:
Got mine from Sierra of Alhambra. See you around ;)
Mantis
I just put my deposit down at Sierra with Mike Tran. . how was your experience there?

Mine is going to be Black on Black, Base w/Navi. I live in Alhambra. I'm getting all of my accessories from Tim: Side Steps, cargo Cover, Cargo Tray, perhaps moonroof visor and rear deflector.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts