Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to see this weird rear A/C behavior recently.

Say outside temperature is about 75F. I set all tri-zone temperature as 70F with "sync". I feel cool airs from the front vents. This is perfectly normal and expected.

However, the rear A/C vents give relatively *warm* airs. This is quite weird. I have to separately set the rear A/C 2-3 degrees lower, like 68F, to get cool airs.

Is there anyone who experience a similar A/C behavior?

The local Acura dealership says that they couldn't find any problem from the several diagnosis. They contacted upper Acura to get more information, but even Acura said that this was normal. Acura said that there was a similar complaint, but concluded this was normal. So the dealership didn't fix anything, and I'm suffering this problem again.

I'm trying to contact other dealership. This time I would like to check the cabin temperature sensors are okay. Any your inputs would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have to say that is not something that would bother me..I could see the rear temp varying a little from the front...just because...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That gives a relief to me. Am I too picky? :) Okay, the rear temp might be cooler than the front as more tinted windows..

·
Registered
391 Posts
no no...this has been posted in this forum before.

you can search the forums and you will find it.

it's definitely and odd "feature".

·
Registered
837 Posts
I started to see this weird rear A/C behavior recently.

Say outside temperature is about 75F. I set all tri-zone temperature as 70F with "sync". I feel cool airs from the front vents. This is perfectly normal and expected.

However, the rear A/C vents give relatively *warm* airs. This is quite weird. I have to separately set the rear A/C 2-3 degrees lower, like 68F, to get cool airs.

Is there anyone who experience a similar A/C behavior?

The local Acura dealership says that they couldn't find any problem from the several diagnosis. They contacted upper Acura to get more information, but even Acura said that this was normal. Acura said that there was a similar complaint, but concluded this was normal. So the dealership didn't fix anything, and I'm suffering this problem again.

I'm trying to contact other dealership. This time I would like to check the cabin temperature sensors are okay. Any your inputs would be highly appreciated!
Yes mine is like that. Don't be anal and don't worry about it. Let the people in the 2nd row control their own climate. If no one is back there don't worry about. All that matters is that you are comfortable.

In the summer, 90% of the time, my rear passengers turn the system off completely because the front vents do such a good job at cooling the vehicle. For this reason, I think the Acura engineers have calibrated the rear vents to be a few degrees warmer. Makes sense to me. Engineers are smarter than you. Please don't question their work.

Buy a cheap infrared temperature gun and have fun checking your vent temperatures. Please report back with your tables and grids.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Had the same issue. After two 'everything is fine' diagnostics, a third dealer was aware of the problem and replaced the heater core unit under warranty. It's been fine since but this was fixed near end of summer 2016 so let's see how things hold up this year when the temp gets high.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts