Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need your help. My MDX 07 got a weird noise when accelerating; and I feel slightly vibrating on gas pedal. Its vibration and noise would stop if I strongly press the gas pedal. They also end if I reach a certain speed.
These issues are easily observed when I stop a red light/stop sign, then again accelerating. Could someone share the experience? Thanks a lot.

Huu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I need your help. My MDX 07 got a weird noise when accelerating; and I feel slightly vibrating on gas pedal. Its vibration and noise would stop if I strongly press the gas pedal. They also end if I reach a certain speed.
These issues are easily observed when I stop a red light/stop sign, then again accelerating. Could someone share the experience? Thanks a lot.

Huu
I’m having the same noise on my 07, any ideas

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi,

Huu
is it a ratteling type of noise?? i bet you have a loose exhaust shield vibrating, i had it myself, its kinda common, i put a large hose clamp around it and it stopped

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it is pulsing at a low speed for your top gear, say 45-50mph under slight acceleration/steady speed, it may be the torque converter

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Vibration is coming from somewhere else as the 07 MDX has a DBW Pedal.. There is no physical connection from the pedal to the engine. I would check engine mounts first and if possible upload a video showing the issue so we can diagnose better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Huu
I have a 2008 MDX base model. I had a similar issue...at 43K miles in 2013...a "gurgle" noise at 38-45 MPH...dealer said the torque converter had to be replaced. OK...but after 5.5 days... and service record never indicates the torque converter was changed (approx. $2,500 value). Not sure what they did, but the problem disappeared. Fast forward to 2018, 85K miles...same "gurgle" and same MPH. Drove it for another 3K miles...had the trans fluid and gear box fluid flushed and replaced. No more gurgle ! Go figure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts