Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a set of WeatherTech Weatherflectors on their MDX yet? If so, could you post some pictures of how it looks. The picture at the WeatherTech site was taken at a weird angle and makes it difficult to see how it looks..

Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
kpt_1 said:
Has anyone installed a set of WeatherTech Weatherflectors on their MDX yet? If so, could you post some pictures of how it looks. The picture at the WeatherTech site was taken at a weird angle and makes it difficult to see how it looks..

Thanks
Just got my WeatherTech WeatherFlectors for my 2001 GG MDX. They fit very tightly and are a little tricky to install. They look very good and I am very happy with the look and quality of the product. I will try and post some pictures if it ever stops raining here in Florida.

·
Registered
818 Posts
WeatherFlector Pictures

Here are a few pictures of my newly installed WeatherFlectors. They fit very nicely and cut down on the wind hitting you with the window rolled down.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have already used mine in the rain and they work very well. They allow you to roll down the window about 1 1/2 to 2 inches without any rain getting in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just installed a set (all windows) of Weathertech WeatherFlectors and they look great. They are very subtle, both in size and tint color. The tint is lighter than the FormFit deflector which makes it less noticeable. What I like best is they will allow me to open the windows for air circulation and not worry about rain. They also seem to shield the sun a little as well.

Highly recommend if you are in the market. There is no tape to deal with or worry about coming loose. The install is a little tricky in the front, but that's about it. Took about 15 minutes. Took another 30 minutes to remove the WeatherTech info stickers on the inside of the reflectors and shine up.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
rvehock said:
I have already used mine in the rain and they work very well. They allow you to roll down the window about 1 1/2 to 2 inches without any rain getting in.
Ditto:

I also like the added shade from the sun, and I think they add to the overall asthetics IMHO.

·
Registered
449 Posts
weatherflectors

I also got the weatherflectors from mats.com. They work really well and blend in very nicely with the MDX as mine is black. They do block the wind alittle bit and you can keep the windows open about 1 inch when it rains.
Installation was a piece of cake. Just follow the instructions. For the front deflectors, you will have to bend it alittle bit to get it into the channel but it is no problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No, sadly Tim does not stock this item. Otherwise, I would have ordered from him. I ordered my WeatherFlectors from www.weathertech.com .

They are $79.95 plus shipping for both all four windows. Took 3 days to deliver them to Texas.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
rvehock

rvehock said:
I think you need to take more pictures!

Seriously, they look good on a GG. I saw them on a black MDX and they blended in nicely.
I am lazy and was waiting for you to install them first! Now I'm sold!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those WeatherFlector Pictures look good. Now I'm thinking of getting those. Few questions -

1) Do they introduce any wind noise while highway driving with windows close?

2) Would those damage window channel in the long run?

3) True statement from their ad or not? – “Windows open you can take advantage of the fresh outside air while minimizing the amount of wind and noise entering your vehicle.

4) Would you recommend of getting front pair only or Front & Rear Set?

Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
ssMDX said:
Those WeatherFlector Pictures look good. Now I'm thinking of getting those. Few questions -

1) Do they introduce any wind noise while highway driving with windows close?

The noise is reduced when travelling around 0 - 45mph, after that it is the same amount of noise. However, the wind does not blow right into you face but more towards the back.

2) Would those damage window channel in the long run?

Don't know. Weathertech just came out with these a short while ago.

3) True statement from their ad or not? – “Windows open you can take advantage of the fresh outside air while minimizing the amount of wind and noise entering your vehicle.

4) Would you recommend of getting front pair only or Front & Rear Set?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts