Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news! I will have them up on the www.hondacuraworld.com site later this evening, and as promised, I did my absolute best on the price. I have 20 sets in stock at present, and more are just 3 days away.

As always, happy MDXing!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Once again Tim goes out of his way to help us out!

Way to GO!!! :D :D

I only wish I hadn't just bought mine. :mad: Oh well, next accessory, I'm calling you first whether you carry it or not!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Tim,

As agreed, I will post pictures of the tan Weathertech mats once I receive them. Thanks again for letting me test them out :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tim,

Real stupid question, but how much are the mats? I know you probably have it posted, but just feeling too lazy to search.

Thanks bud.

·
Registered
86 Posts
any news?

Tim,
don't want to be pushy, but as of 11/27 there is no info on the mats at hondaacuraworld.com. Just wana know if they'll be available till the end of the week so I can order'em together with liner and moldings?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm very sorry that they aren't up as promised.....I forwarded info to the site designer, and thought he'd have them ready to go by now.

Here are the prices in any event:

Black mats:
Front 53.00 shipped
Rear 45.00 shipped
Tan mats:
Front 58.00 shipped
Rear 49.00 shipped

Hopefully in the next day it will be done.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Cool, thanks Tim!

If I recall right from an earlier post, do the rear mats come in two interlocking pieces? Any chance you could post a picture? (my, we're a demanding bunch!)

And how do you think these compare with the Acura ones?

The 10+ inches of snow we got today makes this serious floor mat season!

·
Registered
681 Posts
ghost said:
Cool, thanks Tim!

If I recall right from an earlier post, do the rear mats come in two interlocking pieces? Any chance you could post a picture? (my, we're a demanding bunch!)

And how do you think these compare with the Acura ones?

The 10+ inches of snow we got today makes this serious floor mat season!
Ghost,

Yes the rear mats have interlocks.
I saw the Acura ones and WT is much better design and coverage. I believe it hold the water better too.

Tim,

Great prices. Too bad I have bought them 1.5 months ago from MacNeil for a full $2 more. Wish I have waited ;)

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of these days I really have to invest in a digital camera for this place.

Ghost, actually I was thinking about you this morning on the way into work when I heard about the crazy snowstorm that you had. And here in Buffalo, we're still on dry pavement and 50 degrees. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Heh, heh, thanks - Buffalo is the one that supposed to get these big snows!

Lake Superior was really riled yesterday - 12-15 footers coming in, took out about 200 ft of the boardwalk and a bunch of cement picnic tables. I was right down there, will try to find some pictures to post. It was something!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just got mine. Will take and post pictires over the weekend.

Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We had a couple of glitches along the way, but now everything is up on the website just as it should be.

Perhaps those who have the mats can answer dfroim's question better than I can. How well do you think they fit?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
still waiting.......

Tim,

I will post pics and answer dfroim's question as soon as they arrive. Takes a while for UPS to get to Texas from NY I guess. :(

·
Registered
763 Posts
OK, just put mine in. Too dark to take pictures - wait till the weekend. They are certainly longer than OEM mats. They do cover dead pedal area pretty well. For now, I just threw them in over OEM, but I'll remove the latter ones and probably use them in the 3rd row.

Weathertechs are slightly narrower than OEM (I'd say 1/2" or even less on each side).

The only thing so far that I do NOT like is that my Timberland boots squeak mercilessly!!! So much so that if I had these mats from day 1 I'd never hear the thud :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Put mine in last night - From Tim

The driver’s side front offers more coverage than the Acura winter mats. Most of the lame footrest area is covered. The front passenger mat is slightly smaller (width) than the Acura mat. I was going to leave my Acura mat there but finally decided to put in the Weathertech. I didn’t have the Acura second row winter mats so I can’t compare. The Weathertech (2nd row) fit is pretty good. If anything they are slightly to long (side to side) and in a couple of places slightly too wide (front to back). The second row one’s do interlock and they should stay in place. Hope this answers your questions.:)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Why I need Weathertechs...

Here's a picture of Lake Superior this last Tuesday, looking out the ship canal where the ore boats come through. The streetlights are facing what is normally a pedestrian walkway - the people in the distance are not particularly bright...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Here's another one - it was quite a day!

you can see some more of these at
http://duluthshippingnews.com/waves.html

They show an ore boat heading out - that ship hugged the north shore to keep out of the worst of the storm, but a crewman who went on deck to close a hatch was swept overboard. Remarkably, they were able to pull him out, and he's OK. It's amazing what Superior can do; this was a 25-30 year storm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess Gordon Lightfoot was right

".....Superior they said
Never gives up the dead
When the winds of November come sailin' "

1 - 20 of 67 Posts