Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
In the past I used to install vent shades (remember VentVisor was the first maker of these sorts of things) on my cars, largely to keep the car vented when parked. As AC/ventilation systems improved over the years, I stopped installing them. But I will say that when I did use them, I used the more on the REAR windows than the front, as they'd tend to let less water in than the front ones when parked. So in this case, having only the fronts wouldn't really solve most of the issue I'd buy them for. Plus, from an aesthetic point of view, it looks "funny" to not have them balanced front-to-back - but that's just me....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had Weathertech deflectors on my last vehicle (4Runner) for over 12 years and loved them. I live in Texas and anytime you park in the summer sun these things do an amazing job of reducing the heat inside the vehicle. I ordered the set for my MDX when I first got notified they were available. Should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the news. I got side window deflectors for my other cars. But I'm on the fence with the MDX.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My set came is and took a couple of minutes per window to install. Like all Weathertech products I have purchased these did not disappoint. Excellent quality, fit and finish. I did contact Weathertech to inquire as to when the rear window shades will be available and am in their auto-notification system. They are under development but no projected time frame for availability. I have a silver 2015 MDX and ordered the light tinted shades versus the dark. I'll try and post a decent picture in the next few days. They do look nice and there is ZERO wind noise because of the excellent fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 MDX and ordered all windows and roof vent deflector and mats just front and middle from Weathertech Canada and also forgot the cup things . The dealer has them still on order and can`t get me a date. Order direct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any images of how these weathertech window visors looks? I am worried this is going to look stupid only being on the front windows and not on the rears...
I have 2016 mdx

·
Registered
713 Posts
now you can vape when it is raining without getting wet. If your don't vape then your air conditioning system will manage the humidity for you, and let you choose fresh or recirculated air.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can open the moon roof function so that no rain gets in although I don't mind having the window open when it's raining out it feels good lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just received notification from Weathertech that Side Window deflectors are finally available for 2014-2019 MDX owners. Here is a link to the 2015s.
https://www.weathertech.com/acura/2015/mdx/side-window-deflectors/

I had Weathertech side window deflectors on my 4Runner for 12 years and they were excellent. I am going to order a pair for my 2015 MDX
They look okay.
I have seen some JDM style side window deflectors for 3rd gen MDX on ebay. For all windows it much cheaper than what weathertech offers on just front window.
I am not using them however, not sure if I like them in the first place. They will most certainly add some wind noise. I prefer the comfort of a quite cabin than functionality if any :).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts