Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer is here. Started to use the ventilated seats in my A spec for the first time. I have to say I can barely feel the breeze on the maximum setting. The only way of actually feeling the ventilation I found so far is to get my hand wet and put against the seat. I imagine if I am sweating the ventilated seat can work. Maybe the MDX ventilated seat is designed to only keep people from sweating? Also is MDX seat one of those sucking air instead of blowing air? Since I cannot feel any air blown out from the perforation holes.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yea, first time today for me...if I did not see the little blue lights, I would not have even thought about it.....very weak indeed.

Reactions: Rockflyer

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
379 Posts
Summer is here. Started to use the ventilated seats in my A spec for the first time. I have to say I can barely feel the breeze on the maximum setting. The only way of actually feeling the ventilation I found so far is to get my hand wet and put against the seat. I imagine if I am sweating the ventilated seat can work. Maybe the MDX ventilated seat is designed to only keep people from sweating? Also is MDX seat one of those sucking air instead of blowing air? Since I cannot feel any air blown out from the perforation holes.
sadly yes. They’re super weak. Not sure if there’s a difference between the fabric insert and a full leather seat, but on the a-spec model they leave you wanting more.

they were ice cold on my 2018 Mazda6, they were decent on my 2020 Mazda CX-9, but not as good as the Mazda6. The A-spec ventilated seat was highly disappointing…but I still love the MDX.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I guess it didn’t improve from the last gen. The ventilated seats in my convertible are barely noticeable also.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Upon some googling, I guess MDX probably sucks air instead of blowing air. You may feel it more when the seat blows air to you but it may make some people uncomfortable to the point they need to turn it off. You may feel it less when the seat pulls air away from you but you can keep it on for a long time which keeps you from sweating. I think I am going to try the tissue paper method to see if it sticks to the back when the ventilation is on.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not sure what one is expecting but this is typical. Do not see how hard it would be to have forced ac going through the seats like my Ford truck. It will freeze your buns off if left on high.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd say mine work better than the ones in my Audi. The problem is you don't feel the cooling unitil the cabin itself has cooled down and it is sucking cooler air through. Once that happens it actually works quite well.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S
77 Posts
In the heat and humidity of Texas, I am satisfied with the ventilated performance of the seats.

Stronger/more powerful fans would create more noise and then people would be complaining about how loud and obnoxious the ventilated seats are

There's a fine balance....

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
379 Posts
In the heat and humidity of Texas, I am satisfied with the ventilated performance of the seats.

Stronger/more powerful fans would create more noise and then people would be complaining about how loud and obnoxious the ventilated seats are

There's a fine balance....
Good point here. My Mazda6, while those are some of the best vented seats I’ve ever sat in, the fan inside was definitely discernible on full vent. Definitely a trade-off there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts