Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI...

I had been having problems with my AM radio reception. Took it in for general service and the Tech told me that this is true with the MDX. (I also have a '99 TL3.2 which has good reception.)

Check engine light came on during highway acceleration. The VTM light came on approx. one minute later. Took it in and the code came back as "code P1491/EGR Valve Insufficent Lift."

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hoots said:
FYI...

I had been having problems with my AM radio reception. Took it in for general service and the Tech told me that this is true with the MDX.
I can recall other comments on other threads about poor AM reception, especially at night.

I frequently listen to an AM station that is in a neighboring town and has a relatively week signal to my area. In the 4 or 5 cars that I have driven in the last few years the MDX picks up this station the best, at least in the daytime.

I have not tried the AM in the nighttime yet but will be traveling to Sacramento from S. Oregon on Friday afternoon so I'll have a chance to give it a try.

Will also have a chance to give the navigation system a good try out. My son recently moved to just outside Sacramento and was about to give me directions to his new pad. I told him directions would not be necessary, his address is already input into the navi and I'll find him on my own.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Re: Re: Weak AM Radio; EGR Valve Gone Bad

BaldEagle said:
I have not tried the AM in the nighttime yet but will be traveling to Sacramento from S. Oregon on Friday afternoon so I'll have a chance to give it a try.

Will also have a chance to give the navigation system a good try out. My son recently moved to just outside Sacramento and was about to give me directions to his new pad. I told him directions would not be necessary, his address is already input into the navi and I'll find him on my own.
Thank your lucky stars that "Sacramento" was added to the list of detailed-coverage-areas just in the last release, lest you had to go back and ask him for directions after all that :D :D

but on a more serious note......if you're trying to get to a place outside of Sacramento it may not be covered to "STREET LEVEL-DETAIL depending on how far outside (website says Sacramento metro area is covered)

·
Registered
7 Posts
radio reception going BAD - new antenna needed

I just had my 2001 Silver MDX in for the 37,500 check & for poor radio reception (the reception had slowly worsened). My tech advised that this is an on going problem with the vehicle and requires a new antenna to be installed. The antenna is in the rear headliner and requires a good 2 hours to install.

So, if you think your reception has crapped out - ask to have a new antenna installed - this is a warranty covered item.:20:

·
Registered
17 Posts
crlobx,

Great to hear your dealer covered this. My AM is horrible, FM not bad. My dealer in NH had no knowledge of bad antennas.

thanx for the post.

perkdan
:)

·
Registered
392 Posts
perkdan said:
crlobx,

Great to hear your dealer covered this. My AM is horrible, FM not bad. My dealer in NH had no knowledge of bad antennas.

thanx for the post.

perkdan
:)
I live on long island and I have to say the FM reception is not what it should be in my X. Worse than the ML with bose i just turned in to dealer, even worse than my daughter's beat up old honda civic. Is this a common weakness? I have to say, it is not horrible, just weak.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts