Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we did it. We went and picked up our new Redrock Pearl Base X today. It came in last week and we weren't sure if we were going to spend all that money on a car, but this afternoon we got in my wife's old Caravan and drove the 99.3 miles to NY to pick it up.

I will say that the internet salesman, Ross DeBella, at Heart Acura in Wappinger Falls, NY was great. Very low key and had everything ready. He did not bat an eye when we dropped the bombshell that we wanted to trade in the Caravan (we had someone that wanted it, but backed out a week ago). Ross had recommended selling it ourselves to save money, but I just don't have the time and patience to do it. They didn't give us much for it, but I will sleep better at night knowing I don't have to worry about getting rid of it.

Anyway, the ride home was wonderful, though the smell of new leather for 1 1/2 hours was sickening. We ended up paying MSRP, no forced options, though we added BSM, roof rack and rear mud guards. They charged a reasonable price for them based upon what I have seen on these boards. All in all, while it wasn't cheap, it is worth it. My wife just walked in from the store and said she loves it. My 4 year old loves the smell. What more could I ask for?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Congratulations on your new adventure with an MDX.

Bet you really enjoyed the 99.3 mile drive back from the dealer.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Not a single problem for me yet in two months and almost 3000 miles. That's if I don't count the scratch I put on the right front fender with the hose while I was washing my X.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Congrats -- I know you'll love it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to this motley crew! I traded in a '96 Ford Explorer, and really appreciate the great ride--I would think you'll notice an improvement, also!

Louise

·
Registered
143 Posts
JayCT

Congratulations! Glad everything turned out smoothly. My 100 mile trip back when I picked mine was amazing. Hope yours was too! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. It is a great vehicle. My dear wife let me take it for the day to visit my family yesterday and it was a wonderful drive. Had to leave it for her today though, afterall it is her car. My family thought it was beautiful and a guy at McDonalds gave me a compliment on it too. The kids loved it They said it is the best car ever. Oh well, I will have to wait until the weekend to drive it again.

Also, my wife wanted me to let everyone know that the best part of dealing with Heart Acura was the jar of chocolate hearts that they gave us. They were delicious. Also got free wheel locks and a baseball cap. We were very happy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uh oh, you didn't get a pen? Just a common forum joke--neither did I, but a lot of others covet theirs. ;)

The chocolate hearts/hat/wheel locks sound like a nice alternative!

Louise

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes we got a pen. It came in the leatherette case with all the operations manuals and such. I just forgot to mention it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You know what? The funny thing is, because of this forum, when our salesman was showing us the leather booklet contents, I was trying hard to peek whether that pen was inside and would immediately point it out if it's missing. I probably missed a few important pointers because of that.

Not complaning though. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts