Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot off the press is a slick, 52 page 4 color evaluation of 46 different car waxes, including carnaubas and synthetics.

It is brought to you by www.gurureports.org, also known as www.thewaxtest.com guys. They have been dark for the past 6 months or so.....retooling their business model it seems.

The publication retails for $19.95, but you can get it for $14.95. There is a boatload of information on 46 waxes and extensive evaluations of each, including some of the newest synthetics such as Blackfire.

These guys know their stuff.

Out of respect for their copyright protection, I won't tell you which wax finished number one in their evaluation, but let me just say that the #1 rated product line has been extensively discussed in this forum with rather glowing recommendations.

If you are new to detailing or just want to have some facts and figures to back up your feelings on your favorite wax, you may want to check this out.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Octavian - nice info post - but then, I think you have used several diff types of wax products on your "X" prior to Zaino :1:
Yes - I know "Zaino" isn't a "wax" :eek:

Thanks again - very good info :4:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good memory, Tex....in fact I used both their #1 and #2 rated stuff on my X and O (Odyssey), respectively.

The report compared waxes and syns separately and then lumped them all together to find the best product overall.

However, since we last got together I have since standardized on, dare I say it? shhhhh!, Zaino, for both vehicles, albeit Z2 on the O and Z5 on the X, just to keep things interesting. :D

Oh, by the way, the lowest rated wax they tested is Lemon Pledge. I am not making this up. :12:

·
Registered
452 Posts
octavian said:
Oh, by the way, the lowest rated wax they tested is Lemon Pledge. I am not making this up. :12:
I use Lemon Pledge on all my cars, not kidding. I use it on the wheels and on show cars I wax the engine and engine compartment with it.

Chris

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing, MGTD! What's next, Kiwi Shoe Polish on the undercarriage?:D

Whatever works for ya....I just may try it!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dale, yep, Pledge works OK, but any plastic cleaner (after all the faux wood IS plastic) works just as well, with less chance of streaking.

Now about that Kiwi....:2:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Lemon Pledge...

...is basically very expensive lamp oil.

No wax. Nothing magic. In fact, it DESOLVES wax. Bad idea, unless your trying to remove wxy, greasy stuff.
http://www.pledge.com/pledge_answers.shtm

The residue that Pledge leaves behind (and it dos leave stuff behind) does attract dust.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Lemon Pledge...

renov8r said:
...is basically very expensive lamp oil.

No wax. Nothing magic. In fact, it DESOLVES wax. Bad idea, unless your trying to remove wxy, greasy stuff.
http://www.pledge.com/pledge_answers.shtm

The residue that Pledge leaves behind (and it dos leave stuff behind) does attract dust.
Of course it attracts dust, so you will use more!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
renov8r, you is right, buddy. The Wax Test guys noted that that the bare swatch on the same panel they used with Pledge actually was beading water better than the Pledge panel....."must be a lot of solvents in that product which probably ate thru the original polish we applied."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts